Talk

Advanced search

Off to an NCT Nearly New Sale for 1st time...as a seller...is it worth dragging highchair with me..

(11 Posts)
MimieD Wed 23-Sep-09 12:51:48

Says it all really, I've never been to a NCT NNS, either as buyer or seller, but really need to get rid of baby stuff. High chairs don't seem to sell very well on Ebay so was wondering if anyone knows if they're popular at these sales. It's a Prima Pappa chair (M&P's), a few years old but in perfect nick. Don't really fancy dragging it with me, pricing it too high and it won't sell (this is a drop off sale). Anyone else have experience at these sales and can give me a price indication.... The new price for these chairs is probably around £100.

browny Wed 23-Sep-09 12:54:32

I've been to a few NCT nearly new sales and highchairs always get snapped up quickly, I've no idea what you should ask for it though.

EldonAve Wed 23-Sep-09 12:55:36

maybe ask £30 - how much are they taking 30%?

DrZeus Wed 23-Sep-09 12:57:00

IME people are always after a bargain. So, if you want to get good money for it, then ebay is probably a good bet. However, if you just want rid, then I'd say £25-£30 might get you a sale. Is it in good condition? Just wish I'd known about nearly new sales when I needed stuff!

GrapefruitMoon Wed 23-Sep-09 12:58:49

Ime baby equipment gets snapped up quickly, as long as you price it realistically - most people will be buying for their PFB so it has to be a bargain to get over their desire to run out and buy everything new!

I wouldn't bother with baby clothes unless they are designer (or you know for a fact that they sell well at your local sale...)

MimieD Wed 23-Sep-09 13:02:26

Wow, fast replies! I'm helping out after the sale so they'll take 20% in that case. I was also thinking around £30 pounds so may do this. I'm normally an Ebay fan but I've been watching some auctions for similar chairs and they get very little for them for some reason... Guess this is an item people want to see b4 they spent some cash on it...

goingtohaveagoodnightssleep Wed 23-Sep-09 13:02:58

I'm selling at one in a couple of weeks and have used ebay as a guide on how to price my items.

MimieD Wed 23-Sep-09 13:09:31

Yeah, I'm also checking out Ebay! RE babyclothes, I will put some 0-6 months stuff in there but will price very low...I want to get rid of it and cannot be bothered with posting everything. Lots has gone to charity shops around town already, now it's time to try to make a few pounds myself smile... although it is mostly a de-clutttering exercise...

goingtohaveagoodnightssleep Wed 23-Sep-09 13:17:09

De-cluttering for me too! Three big bin bags of clothes have already gone to Oxfam but I still have lots of coats and dresses to sell. ALso going to sell some boys tops and trousers as when I went last time there was a big lack of boys clothes so am hoping they sell. Have quite a few bib items and now I just need to find the base for my Baby Dan playpen!

goingtohaveagoodnightssleep Wed 23-Sep-09 13:17:46

I meant big not bib (don't think bibs would sell well!!!)

MimieD Wed 23-Sep-09 14:01:40

Ah yes, got a play pen too...will leave that till the March sale...should have lots of good spring/summer clothes then in bigger sizes as well....DD1 was a spring baby..DD2 a winter baby...See how this sale goes first though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now