Talk

Advanced search

Passport to lesuire

(15 Posts)
nutcracker Mon 06-Jun-05 15:25:05

I don't know if everywhere in the country does these or not, but in brum you can get a passport to lesiure if you are on low income and in recipet of benfefits, which then means you get in for swimming and other things at about half price.

Anyway does anyone know if you can get it if you are on wftc ???? It does mention it but I would have thought there is a limit as virtually everyone gets some wftc.

We are exempt from perscription costs, dental costs etc so I would have thought we would quialify but just wondewred if anyone else knew.

lunavix Mon 06-Jun-05 15:28:08

Not much help but you can get one in bournemouth but not on wftc iirc.

nutcracker Mon 06-Jun-05 15:28:39

Ok thanks

biglips Mon 06-Jun-05 15:29:27

i got mine from the leisure centre

tiredemma Mon 06-Jun-05 15:30:27

yes you can nutty, my best mate has one and gets it reduced due to her wftc

tiredemma Mon 06-Jun-05 15:31:13

sorry meant to add, she got it from kingstanding but it can be used all over b.ham.

nutcracker Mon 06-Jun-05 15:31:32

Ahhh thanks emma, will get onto it then, cos dd2 wants swimming lessons and i know you can use a ptl fot them.

tiredemma Mon 06-Jun-05 15:34:06

harry has swimming lessons (took his armbands off on sat for first time!!!)
a couple of kids there use thier parents passport to leisure, so it can be done.

nutcracker Mon 06-Jun-05 15:36:40

Ahhh good. She has wanted lessons for ages. Might let dd1 go too .

Which level is Harry at ???? Wanted to take my Harry but the first level mini strokes i think it is says £12 for an 11 week course PLUS a weekly fee.

I was gonna start taking him myself until he is 3 when he can go into First Strokes instead.

tiredemma Mon 06-Jun-05 15:38:35

god i dont know, mike arranged it all. he payed a one off payment - think it was £35 for 12 lessons. He is the first group i think- he is certainly one of the youngest.

nutcracker Mon 06-Jun-05 15:41:27

Ahh i think thats First Strokes....how old is he again ???

tiredemma Mon 06-Jun-05 15:43:54

he is 5 in september,

nutcracker Mon 06-Jun-05 15:44:38

Yep would be right then i think.

Thanks emma, will have them swimming like fishes in no time now

tiredemma Mon 06-Jun-05 15:46:22

they are good nutty, harry has only had about 8 lessons and the wings are off!just in time for holiday.

JulieF Tue 07-Jun-05 23:25:24

Passport to leisure is just in Birmingham though some local authoritues have similar schemes. I used to work in a Birmingham arts venue and we did cheap standby tickets to concerts after 1pm on the day to passport to leisure holders.

I would imagine that the wftc eligibility is the higher rate (the one where you get income related free prescriptions etc), thats how most things are done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now