loader

Talk

Advanced search

God I hate it when

(14 Posts)
beetroot Sun 05-Jun-05 15:41:26

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Sun 05-Jun-05 15:42:36

What do you mean? Do you have to calculate what everyone really owes?!

ladymuck Sun 05-Jun-05 15:43:08

Can't you all just pretend to be hopeless at maths?

teeavee Sun 05-Jun-05 15:44:16

And I hate it when there's one stingy git who pipes up - 'but I didn't have desert/starter/wine..........' there foloows 3/4 hour of accounting and totting up, only to save the said stingy git a couple of quid on the overall cost of his meal!!!! HATE IT

beetroot Sun 05-Jun-05 15:44:51

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Sun 05-Jun-05 15:46:39

How annoying - we always split equally OR Dad pays

expatinscotland Sun 05-Jun-05 15:47:39

We don't go out to dinner except as the two of us w/DD or on our own for our anniversary and birthdays.

hunkermunker Sun 05-Jun-05 16:00:07

I also hate it when people expect you to pay for their copious alcohol quaffing.

Not saying this is what you're expecting, btw, Beetroot, but I did once pay £19 for two soft drinks because I was too "polite" to say "Actually, I can't afford to split this bill".

Gobbledigook Sun 05-Jun-05 16:01:13

Hmm, know where you are coming from Hunker - I never do say but it's happened a few times where I've been driving so have had one or two cokes while everyone else has shared 6 bottles of wine at £15 a pop!

Tortington Sun 05-Jun-05 16:34:34

i hate it when i have had the set menu for 5.99 two courses nd some mare is too inconsiderate to see that by orderting the £6 starter and £8 main course they saying "oh ill treat myself to a dessert!" at £4 then piping up ...lets split the bill becuase to them money isn't an issue or a worry. if i had wanted to go out and spend £15 on a meal i would have done but i didnt and that was becuase i was saving the extra money for wine so i could be half p8ssed for when i got home, seeing as all i seemto do is work and not go out.

then you notice the twotfeckers have ordered salad which they dont eat becuase they are skinny twotfeckers at that and you realise you are subsidising a meal that they arenot even focking eating

beetroot Sun 05-Jun-05 16:38:13

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Sun 05-Jun-05 18:05:04

As a PS - if I'd ordered expensively and lavishly from the menu, when somebody who was drinking had been more restrained food-wise, obviously that wouldn't be a problem.

I was meaning people who eat expensively, drink copiously and expect me to be merry when I have to pay for their frivolity!

And yes, it's all about the company as well, blah blah blah.

ladymuck Sun 05-Jun-05 19:02:13

As someone who does like to splurge lavishly when eating out, I always take into account what others around me are doing when I'm out with a group and we're likely to split the bill somehow - partly to avoid the who had what arguments. Drinks is harder as there are usually drivers/nondrivers whenever we are out, but we tend to balance it out be adjusting the average by a few quid.

Definitely annoying if you're always subbing someone though (esp if they are the older sibling!).

Pruni Sun 05-Jun-05 20:35:04

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now