Talk

Advanced search

sunbeds- to use or not to use?

(11 Posts)
loulabelle222 Sun 05-Jun-05 10:02:09

for the last two months i have been a regular sun bed user . For the first two weeks going every other day and now only twice a week to keep it up? Do you think that going once or twice a week will be that bad? I am worried about using them , i do use fake tan as well but I find it my 10mins to relax and have time to myself.

WideWebWitch Sun 05-Jun-05 10:04:47

I wouldn't use one, given the skin cancer facts.

lunachic Sun 05-Jun-05 10:52:54

agree with www love to be tanned but wouldnt go near a sb.san tropez all the way for me

loulabelle what skin type are you naturally -haveyou got got a lot of moles-im fair with some small moles on arms so prob in most danger from sunbed-im glad cause this keeps me away

the other thing that really puts me off tanning is premature skin ageing yuk!!

starlover Sun 05-Jun-05 10:53:39

agree with WWW.
They're are no better than lying in the sun.... so, if you wouldn't do that then don't do the sunbeds!

Why don't you use your time to have a nice massage/facial/something else lovely?

Socci Sun 05-Jun-05 10:56:04

Message withdrawn

lunachic Sun 05-Jun-05 10:56:41

im saving tops from comfort fabric conditioner for a free back massage -which is going to be extra relaxing cause its free!

Socci Sun 05-Jun-05 10:57:47

Message withdrawn

loulabelle222 Sun 05-Jun-05 10:59:44

i don't know i suppose i'm a bit self conscience and i don't really know touching me, i know that sounds strange . I have dark hair ,green eyes not dark but not fair inbetween.
When i go on holiday i do lay in the sun for about half hour and get v.v bored. 10 mins on a sunbed is like 2 hours in the sun (on the beds i go on to) but i am sure once or twice a week won't hurt will it. Its definately only going to be for the summer. I am all covered up in the winter so whats the point in being brown?
In a way its just an excuse to get out of the house for half an hour, my time to myself and also dp and ds time on their own( they don't get alot)

loulabelle222 Sun 05-Jun-05 11:00:19

* i meant i don't really like people i don't know touching me

Branster Sun 05-Jun-05 11:18:48

a friend of mine is a dedicated sunbed user and i have to say her skin looks v v v v bad (DRY AND TOO DARK FROM HER NORMAL SHADE), AND SHE LOOKS AT LEAST 10 YEARS OLDER THAN HER AGE. MY ADVICE, DON'T DO IT. IN EFFECT YOU ARE BUYING CANCER AND AGE YOURSELF ON YOUR OWN MONEY. STICK TO A GOOD SELF-TANNING LOTION AND YOU'LL LOOK MUCH BETTER OVER THE YEARS. TRU, THESE LOTIONS THEMSELVES MIGHT CONTAIN SOEM INGREDIENTS OF WHICH WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT LONG-TERM EFFECTS TO EXPECT, BUT IT SEEMS FAR SAFER.

lunachic Sun 05-Jun-05 12:09:57

lb i know exactly what you mean ive never been for a massage before for exactly that reason -though i did see a chiropractor during my last pg she was lovely and made me feel comfortable and she worked wondders on my back.

id take everyones advice here-sunbeds are too risky-slap on some fake and find another way to relax !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now