Talk

Advanced search

Please legal advise needed.... husband refuses to give children back.

(5 Posts)
mrbojangles Wed 16-Sep-09 20:30:38

I have not been on here for a long time but remembered what helpful advise is given and really really need some.

My younger sister has recently separated from her violent husband (6 weeks ago) and is currently staying with our parents with her three young children. It has been hell. His family have been aggresive and intimidating to both her and our parents.
A few months ago someone driving behind her and her husband saw him repeatedly hit her in the head and reported it to the police. My sister was contacted but did not at the time want to continue with the complaint.
But since this has all come out (we all knew nothing and are deeply shocked and saddened) she has been back to the police to take out a injunction on him. This is not so far in place.
Her husband has had on occasion seen the children since the split and yesterday asked to take them out. She agreed and the 2yr and 3yr went out with him.( she kept the baby with her). Now he is refusing to give them back. She gave him a time limit of 7pm tonight but he still refused, saying he is keeping them and he wants the baby too. She has called the police and though he hit her when she was pregnant they are saying he is no direct threat to the girls and she needs to contact citizens advise and get a solicitor.
She is absolutely distraught and I am very worried about her.
I'm alot older than her and she looks up to me and I just dont know what advise to give her... Its breaks my heart.
If anyone out there can just point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated... thankyou.

colditz Wed 16-Sep-09 20:31:41

Can you go round there with 4 VERY big men aand just take them? He would have to hit you to stop you, resulting in assault.

AvadaKedavra Wed 16-Sep-09 20:33:19

No idea what to suggest (apart from agreeing with Colditz's idea) other than posting this again in legal where the right people might see your post?

mrbojangles Wed 16-Sep-09 20:47:09

I'd be all for the 4 VERY big men approach normally but he has taken them to his families traveller site so going in all guns blazing is out of the question. (dont get me wrong I'm not knocking the traveling community, just not sure that charging into a enviroment where everyone is emotionally connected is a good idea)
Avada you're right I'll post on the legal site..

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Wed 16-Sep-09 21:09:05

oh gosh i hope you get some help, he sounds like a total shit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now