Talk

Advanced search

Advice on selling branded good quality clothing that DS has outgrown.

(3 Posts)
wheresmypaddle Wed 16-Sep-09 12:26:29

I have lots of lovely clothing that DS gas outgrown. Most of it was given as gifts by grandparents (wish they would trat me occasionally!!), but has been outgrown and I would dearly love to generate some cash from them.

They are mostly White Company, JoJo Maman Bebe and Gap plus a few other 'designer names'.

Can anyone pass on any useful info on their experiences of selling such items- not sure whether to sell on ebay, mumsnet, carboot, second hand shop. Don't know where to start really- any advice gratefully received.....
PS have not posted in for sale thread as not signed up to CAT as yet).

millenniumfalcon Wed 16-Sep-09 12:29:55

you'll get most for them selling as individual items on ebay. don't be afraid to start them at the minimum you actually want to get for them rather than feeling you have to start at 99p.

you may feel that e.g. nearly new sale is less hassle (postage etc.) but you will get less, even after ebay/paypal fees.

i've sold slings and nappies on here but not general clothing so can't help there.

BitOfFun Wed 16-Sep-09 12:31:57

I wouldn't carboot them- people expect stuff for jumble sale prices. Ebay, definitely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now