Talk

Advanced search

Very bad memory

(5 Posts)
MagNacarta Tue 15-Sep-09 11:22:54

My memory is dreadful and is getting worse, I know we all have busy lives and a lot of us forget things, but I'm starting to worry about it. Until I had dc's my memory was brillian, I could almost recite every conversation I'd had with someone over years. Now, I can't remember what I had for breakfast (ok, I can, but not so sure about yesterday's).

So, I wondered if anyone has done anything or taken anything that's helped to improve memory?

alypaly Tue 15-Sep-09 11:24:29

how old are you... I found having a white board in the kitchen took away all the stress of ecerything and it also improved my menmory for other things as my head wasnt full of the clutter of running a home singlehandedly

IrishDraught Tue 15-Sep-09 11:28:30

no advice sorry but I am the same. I have to think very hard to remember what I did yesterday/few hours ago or even what I have just said to someone. I think omega 3 is supposed to help...?

MagNacarta Tue 15-Sep-09 11:29:41

41 - I use the diary on outlook to manage my life as I'm self employed and have three children with better social lives than me. If I didn't write it all down I'd be lost. It's not so much the practical side of things, I've learnt how to manage things. It's more like I have a conversation with someone and I realise from their face that I've said it all before and I really don't remember.

alypaly Tue 15-Sep-09 11:40:48

my BF does the same and i have to say my euyes must come over all glazed. I am sure they do but he doesnt even see that. I have to tell him he has told a friends the same thing b4 and he gets really grumpy about it..but its soooo embarrasssing and boring...
Not that i am saying you are boring...far from it...if you try and stop the brain computer from being on overload..the memory may get better. Having three children,their social life,taxiing and u being self
employed, is enuf to fill the old memory

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now