Talk

Advanced search

Who did I see in the night sky last week, next to the moon, Venus or Jupiter?

(8 Posts)
hereidrawtheline Mon 14-Sep-09 20:41:44

This is surprisingly hard to find out on the web! I need to know! I assumed it was Venus but was writing about it and suddenly thought it was Jupiter, googled and it seems it could be either now I am not sure. I need to know!! Would be a full week ago, East Anglia, around 10pm if that helps and I am sooooo grateful if anyone can help!

cocolepew Mon 14-Sep-09 20:44:27

Was it a planet? I'm asking because the International Space Station is visable at the moment, earlier thread

WorzselMummage Mon 14-Sep-09 20:50:24

Jupiters really bright in the sky at the moment.

ISS

cocolepew Mon 14-Sep-09 20:52:54

I wonder if it was Jupitar we saw the other night? It was like a bright light, bigger than a star.

hereidrawtheline Mon 14-Sep-09 20:53:10

I think it was most definitely a planet, it was moving perfectly, looked just like Venus actually and I know how to spot her. The ISS link starts 9/11 though and this was a full week ago, does it still apply?

WorzselMummage Mon 14-Sep-09 21:11:34

I have just watched it go over my house

hereidrawtheline Mon 14-Sep-09 21:18:26

lovely!

koninklijke Tue 15-Sep-09 13:40:59

Sounds silly but Jupiter is pretty large, and has a greenish hue to it. Venus is the one most see as its pretty visible most if the year and its defintely white, while Mars has a red hue to it.

I'm in Central/South Asia at the moment and thought what I saw was Venus, but I'll look again tonight. I don't know if it makes a difference where in the world you are, what you see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now