Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Someone has been posting in my name!!!!

(7 Posts)
Rhubarb Fri 03-Jun-05 14:19:24

Just flicking through the Missing Mumsnetter thread and saw my name on one of the posts for a day that I wasn't on the pc and certainly didn't post on!
It's kinda put the wind up me, I will change my password, but the thing is, who is doing that? No-one knows my password! Are there any other posts with my name on? Should I inform Tech?

MarsLady Fri 03-Jun-05 14:20:18

I thought that no one else could take your name, did they vary the spelling?

Janh Fri 03-Jun-05 14:20:52

It was last year, Rhubarb...

Rhubarb Fri 03-Jun-05 14:22:44

Oh! Phew! I got all hot under the collar then! Silly me!

Janh Fri 03-Jun-05 14:24:37

That happens a lot when a thread gets picked up around the same time of year - there was one about little boys' pyjamas that was 2 or 3 years old, which was quite funny

Glad it's nothing to worry about anyway, phew indeed.

slartibartfast Fri 03-Jun-05 15:38:11

Here's a serious answer to the question of blocking mn at work if you use Internet Explorer 6:
From the dropdowns in IE choose Tools
Then Internet Options...
Click the Content tab
Then in the top section 'Content Advisor' click the Enable... button
Supply a password and a hint
Press OK
That should give a confirmation box that Content Advisor has been switched on, which you confirm
Back at the Internet Options screen, Content Advisor section, press the Settings... button
Supply the password and OK it
Click on the Approved Sites tab
Type "http://www.mumsnet.com" into the top box
Press the Never button
Mumsnet site name now appears in the main box alongside a 'No Entry' sign
Press OK
Press OK on the Internet Options screen
Close the browser
Open it again
It should now block mumsnet.

At if you throw away the password, then you're safe

Actually it might block your works intranet or similar, too, which will need the password to enable the first time; so throwing it away is a bad idea - but even if in a moment of weakness (I'll just have a really quick look while I'm eating a sandwich) you use it to open active convos, it will ask for it each time you change mumsnet page or open a new thread.

Those who have given up smoking by aversion say that the inconvenience will do the trick in the end .

Good luck with the addiction therapy :-)

slartibartfast Fri 03-Jun-05 15:39:43

oops that was on the wrong thread :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now