Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feeling cross with friend - but I'll get over it

(6 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Fri 03-Jun-05 13:14:42

Arranged to meet a friend with her two kids and my two one day in half term. We arranged to meet today and sorted this out over a week ago. I spoke to her last night to check it was still on and she said yes but it would have to be afternoon as her dd had been invited to play with a friend in the morning .
I said okay call me late am to tell me know when you are coming and we will go out and do something.
She phoned me about two hours ago to say that she would be around about 1.30pm or just after as when she went to pick up her dd the mother offered to give them lunch.
I have sat in waiting around for her. What a waste of time!
Rant over!

starlover Fri 03-Jun-05 13:17:06

oh how annoying! why would you do that if you have already arranged something else??????
I'd tell her not to bother! Go and take your 2 out somewhere and have a nice afternoon"

SPARKLER1 Fri 03-Jun-05 17:52:30

We went out, eventually. She turned up at about 2pm. Went off out. I know she doesn't have much money but I felt very awkward when we went out. I ended up buying the cups of tea. Bought my two dds a drink - she went off and got her kids drinks when they asked. Her kids asked for something to eat and she told them no - I know it's purely because she didn't have the spare cash. My kids wanted a bowl of chips so I went to get them and ended up buying two because I felt bad that my children would be eating in front of hers.

SPARKLER1 Fri 03-Jun-05 18:11:55

Do I sound mean?

deegward Fri 03-Jun-05 18:17:14

No that's just some friends. I think ifyou have the hump with them, no matter what they do it will irk, other days you would buy them a three course meal and not be bothered at all.

starlover Fri 03-Jun-05 21:07:05

perhaps she just didn't want them to have food because they'd already had lunch...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now