Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else relocated and regretted it?

(3 Posts)
Restrainedrabbit Wed 09-Sep-09 20:59:15

DH got a job 2 hrs away from where we lived 3 weeks before DS was born (had a DD of 2.8 at the time), a week after he was born we put the house on the market and 6mths later finally had an offer. 2mths after that we moved and I am really not enjoying it here I am desperately homesick and miss our old house which I really loved - we had to get a house here that was practical but didn't make my tummy flip. Our marriage has suffered from the stress of the last year and everything just feels wrong

Kathyjelly Fri 11-Sep-09 16:02:12

I understand completely how you feel.

When my DS came along a year ago unexpectedly, we weren't married and had two houses 70 miles apart. DH wants me to sell up house I love and move in, away from friends, family, support network, job. V difficult. DS needs his dad, travelling to and fro twice a week is a killer. I'm still not happy after 12 months so have agreed we sell both and choose house together.

You need a plan. Explain to DH how you feel. Suggest you try to make it work for a fixed period - 6 months? - while making house as saleable as possible. At same time look around area for somewhere you do like. Get him to agree that if still not happy in 6 months, you'll all move.

If you're really unhappy, he'll go for it.

Fimbo Fri 11-Sep-09 16:04:52

I live 8hrs away from my friends and family and there is absolutely no chance of ever moving back. I have been away for 9 years now and although my life is fairly settled, I would love to go back to Scotland. If I lived within 2hrs I would be cock a hoop as I would be able to spend most weekends there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now