Talk

Advanced search

mobile phone in mashing machine!!! any resurrection stories?

(8 Posts)
Annabel1 Wed 09-Sep-09 13:55:22

No no no! It's gone thru full cycle with two spins and is not functioning (surprise!). Has anyone else's had this experience and survived? How long do I give it? Very sad and cross!!

MrsMerryHenry Wed 09-Sep-09 13:56:37

Yikes! You need to dry it very slowly with a hairdryer or on a radiator. Leave it for 3 days. If no life after that, it's definitely buggered. Oh, and no point in lying to your phone provider - all phones these days have a 'water damage detector' implanted.

Best of luck!

letsgostrawberrypicking Wed 09-Sep-09 13:59:55

i read somewhere to put it in rice as this extracts the water - dh dropped his down the loo and we didnt have rice so he used lentils grin and it is working again. Dismantle it and dry it well first

Hope it works!

Annabel1 Wed 09-Sep-09 14:17:37

where else but mumsnet?! My phone is packed in rice after slow dryin out with hairdryer! Thank you and we'll see what happens

letsgostrawberrypicking Fri 18-Sep-09 22:22:44

Did it work Annabel?

LyraSilvertongue Fri 18-Sep-09 22:23:55

Lol at mashing machine.

Ceolas Fri 18-Sep-09 22:24:26

Twas the death of DH's, sorry!

BringMeWine Fri 18-Sep-09 22:26:46

A word of comfort - my cousin washed her sons mobile in the washing machine and they expected it never to work again, (afaik it wasn't packed in life saving rice or given mouth to mouth or anything quite so dramatic) and it worked! Apparently it lived to text many a day long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now