Talk

Advanced search

Do I really need a passport for DS for an Easyjet internal flight?

(5 Posts)
lowrib Tue 08-Sep-09 22:56:45

Has anyone travelled with Easyjet and a baby on an internal flight recently?

Kicking myself for not checking before booking angry I've booked an internal UK flight for Thursday so I can visit my best mate before she emigrates. I'll be travelling with DS (8 months) and although I know babies need a passport to travel abroad I thought it'd be OK in the UK.

But the site says

"Children under 16 years of age travelling on UK, Italian, Spanish, or French domestic flights can travel without photo identification provided that they are included on a parent's valid UK passport and they are travelling with that parent. Note that UK adult passports with children included will be approaching expiry this year."

Bugger!!!! shock

What do I do? Is there any chance they'll let me on with his birth cert (am I clutching at straws?!)

pinkteddy Tue 08-Sep-09 23:03:50

I'm pretty sure you need photo id. Dh had to come back home a couple of years ago, flying to Scotland as he'd forgotten his passport. Driving licence would have done but his is an old fashioned one without photo. I somehow doubt they will just allow the birth certificate but you could phone the airline and check. Hope it all works out!

Tryharder Tue 08-Sep-09 23:04:40

Can't imagine they won't let you on - I mean, it's an internal flight so you wont even pass through immigration.

lowrib Tue 08-Sep-09 23:32:20

Thanks for the replies.

I know you 100% need it for adults. But I'm wondering if there's any flexibility for babies.

That's the thing though - if I risk it and they say no I'll end up stuck!

Has anyone else had any experience of Easyjet and travelling with babies?

lowrib Wed 09-Sep-09 21:18:08

So, the website says that children need ID, but the lady on Easyjet's "Experience Centre" hmm phoneline say no ID needed.

Going to go to the airport and hope for the best!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now