Talk

Advanced search

The Big Chill

(19 Posts)
Thomcat Thu 02-Jun-05 16:48:26

WOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO
Just booked my tickets, me DP, best mate, and of course Lottie.
Can't wait.
It's my birthday on the Sunday as well, how fab.

Anyone else going?

Marina Thu 02-Jun-05 16:53:26

Oh goodness I am such an old relic, I thought this was about the film that featured Kevin Costner as a dead body (well, one of many I guess)
Go on then TC, what's it all really about?

Thomcat Thu 02-Jun-05 17:00:35

lol - Take a look here

It's basically a big music/dance event, with fab DJs and great music but is very family/kid friendly.

Marina Thu 02-Jun-05 17:23:57

Duh! Now I remember. We've been to the castle and loved it. Rather quieter that day though...have a fabulous time, we love that part of the country!

Twiglett Thu 02-Jun-05 17:24:59

ha ha ha I'm with Marina ... but had NO idea what you were talking about till you explained .. was still stuck on the film

Enid Thu 02-Jun-05 17:25:44

went years ago when it was in London at the brixton academy

friends went last year and said it was good but although kid friendly still full of people off their faces on drugs everywhere.

Thomcat Thu 02-Jun-05 17:51:18

I'm so looking forward to it

Enid Thu 02-Jun-05 17:52:37

desperatehousewife Thu 02-Jun-05 17:53:19

I SO want to go to this - just bought a tent too!

How much is it and can i still get tickets do you think?

desperatehousewife Thu 02-Jun-05 18:04:30

found out its £125 per ticket...phewie that's a lot! but really want to go. What would it be like with a 3 year old? how civillised is it? (ie are there lots of loos and showers and things?!) can you sleep at night or is it too noisy?

OMG listen to me! I sound like a very old lady! Never been to a music festival before and really think i ought to!

Enid Thu 02-Jun-05 18:06:31

well the last music festival I went to people shouted 'bollocks' ALL NIGHT, was quite funny at the time but I was young and stupid with no kids.

desperatehousewife - you need something like this:
\link{http://www.larmertreefestival.com/the acceptable face of festivals for the discerning mum}

Enid Thu 02-Jun-05 18:07:06

well you get the gist

Enid Thu 02-Jun-05 18:07:45

oh sorry its sold out

docket Thu 02-Jun-05 18:13:31

DH, I've been to the Big chill a few times, before I had ds though. I think it would be perfectly doable with a three year old and there are toilets/showers etc, okay but I wouldn't exactly say pleasant. There are plenty of families there and if you pick a good camping spot then you'd sleep okay I reckon. If it were me my only real concern would be the weather. Lovely as long as it's warm, hideous if it's a mudbath. Unlikely though.

If you want to go to a festival with your nipper then I think this would be a good one to go to.

Thomcat Thu 02-Jun-05 20:02:13

desperatehousewife, if you are into great music, ie dance /house sort of stuff then big chill is the one. I iknow loads of people that have been and are going back again this year, with kids. It's known to be really child friendly and they have a family camping field. Sod showers, just be grob by for the weekend - take lots of wet wipes with you! I've wanted to take Lottie to a music festival since she was in my tummy, I'm really looking forward to it.
It is a lot of money but you can arrive on the Thursday and leave on Monday with 3 full days of back to back. What would you pay to see 1 band / concert. Come on, you know it makes sense.
Don't die curious

desperatehousewife Thu 02-Jun-05 20:56:55

I'm really up for it - have never done the music festival thing and really MUST. Will try and persuade DH. Wish me luck!

cod Thu 02-Jun-05 20:59:49

Message withdrawn

desperatehousewife Thu 02-Jun-05 21:09:30

who tell who to go to bed?

Flum Sun 17-Jul-05 00:03:00

Thomcat, we're going. went last year too. even managed to persuad dp to come this year (he hates camping and is already suffering at the thought of 3 days without a shower) I however relish the thought of 3 days of grub-dom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now