Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just a quickie..

(5 Posts)
Evesmama Thu 02-Jun-05 08:56:47

before i take dd to playgroup(yet another party..you know how all these childrens parties end up burning a hole in your bank balance?..well in Morrisons, i bought a triple set of dvd's(red riding hood, alice in wonderland and heidi) for £5.99..have split them and have now got three pressies, so got some in for when i am pink lint!!!
just wanted to share that for those who are strapped for cash like me

TracyK Thu 02-Jun-05 08:58:59

good idea. ds is only 14mo and hasn't been suckered into the whole party thing yet - but maybe I should start stocking up now for when it happens.

Evesmama Thu 02-Jun-05 09:05:48

it normally costs me a fortune..but have taken to looking in dvd/video/book baskets in supermarket...and regulary get good bargains..and something the kids will like

TracyK Thu 02-Jun-05 09:14:16

do we care if the child may have it already - or is it the thought that counts?

Evesmama Thu 02-Jun-05 13:57:50

well short of them providing a present list we always run the risk of getting a child something they already have..i tend to tell parent.grandmother where i bought it from incase it does turn out the have it already!
when its someone close, yes..put the effort and thought into it..when its one of the million kids at playgroup....safe,cheap, cheerful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now