Talk

Advanced search

strawberry fair on saturday, who is going?

(24 Posts)
misdee Thu 02-Jun-05 08:14:42

am going to try my hardest to get there, tho as dh looks likely to go to harefield today, i may not be able to.

flobbleflobble Thu 02-Jun-05 08:54:13

I normally go - love it!

misdee Thu 02-Jun-05 16:07:50

just told dh mumwe're gonna leave the kids at hers on sat and run, she laughed and replied' i'd like to see peter run'

flobbleflobble Thu 02-Jun-05 16:10:59

misdee Thu 02-Jun-05 16:20:37

mieow? fancy get out for the day?

sparklymieow Thu 02-Jun-05 16:24:14

properally not now Misdee

spacecadet Thu 02-Jun-05 16:36:28

sorry to thread crash but misdee if you coming to cambridge on sat would you like to pick that buggy up and i will refund your postage??? just a thought.(and you could get the cam for sparkly)

misdee Thu 02-Jun-05 17:41:24

space cadet, can u still pst it. just i dont know 100% if i am going. all dependi8ng on dh and harefield hospital.

spacecadet Thu 02-Jun-05 18:06:43

ok, no probs misdee, thought id offer if you were coming my way! save postage, will prob post tomorrow, or mon, so you will have it mon or tues, bumping into myself coming back at the mo.

Enid Thu 02-Jun-05 18:08:16

OMG

I used to go to this when I lived in cambridge

Libb Thu 02-Jun-05 18:15:15

I was hoping to go but my best friend is now working

I was also going to meet up with my ex-dh but he has a new gf and that would be too weird for all concerned!

It also appears I have no money anyway - double so can't even get a ropey cider and bacteria ridden burger. Oh poops!

Will have a hard think about how I can get round it, ex-dp has offered to babysit so that can't be bad.

essbee Thu 02-Jun-05 18:19:18

Message withdrawn

trefusis Thu 02-Jun-05 18:26:38

Message withdrawn

spacecadet Thu 02-Jun-05 18:29:29

essbee, strawberry fair is in cambridge, if i didnt have mts staying, id have offered you to stay the night andwe could have gone, i always go but weare going on steam trains this weekend, i hope(havent heard from her)

spacecadet Thu 02-Jun-05 18:30:51

essbee its great fun, been going for years,hippy stalls and indie bands, plus lots of stuff for kids.(and a pub very near on the cam!!!)

Libb Thu 02-Jun-05 22:04:42

my bf's ex usually lives outside The Fort on his canal boat but moves it for the Fair - too many hippies wanting to use his portaloo.

My BF has just asked me to go down to her other mate's boat to ward off the hippies . . . if you do come along and need to "go" then you can bribe me

flobbleflobble Fri 03-Jun-05 06:37:37

Libb does bf ex name begin with L and end with R?

tigermoth Fri 03-Jun-05 08:54:36

I remember strawberry fair when there was just one music stage and a 100 or so hippies. My childhood home was a 15 minute walk from midsummer common. When I moved to london I always used to come back for Strawberry Fair and later on had my retro clothes stall there. It was mad driving out of the common at 10.00 pm at night, weaving between the assembled crowd.

I know there's plenty of fab free music and entertaniment but for me, it was the shopping that stood out. I always used to find cheap treasures of one sort or another - used to get there at 10.00 when people were setting up their stalls and then later on, hunt out the fly pitches. I Keep meaning to go back, but this Sunday, there's a green festival in Greenwich Park, so I'll have to make do with that.

Have fun!!!

tigermoth Fri 03-Jun-05 08:57:02

essbee, you will enjoy it! the atmosphere can get a bit hectic, but there is plenty of surrounding common to escape to. Parking is a nightmare - might be better to do a park and ride thing.

Gizmo Fri 03-Jun-05 09:05:13

Cycled through Midsummer Common on my way to work this morning: all the marquees/burger vans/teepees/old buses are now in place!

Come on down, folks, it looks like it's going to be great. Am most cross that I shall miss it this year

tigermoth Fri 03-Jun-05 09:12:22

Looks like the rain will keep away on Saturday, too! Bad forecast for Greenwich's Green Festival on Sunday, though.

Gizmo, many's the time I have cycled across midsummer common.... getting nostalgic now.

Libb Fri 03-Jun-05 09:12:55

Flobble flobble, no it doesn't - I am still toying with the idea of going.

misdee Fri 03-Jun-05 09:12:57

i cant get a baby sitter

tigermoth Fri 03-Jun-05 14:51:50

just realised, next year, we can go in our camper van, camp out on Friday and really get into the spirit of the thing. That's if I can get to grips with driving the van - don't think dh will want to come along.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now