Talk

Advanced search

What can I put in the girls' party bags?

(32 Posts)
Caligula Thu 02-Jun-05 06:33:59

So far I have

mini cadbury thing
lolly pop
party blower thing
one of those pop-a-point pencils
and for the boys, a small cheap and nasty car. (20p jobs from the market)

Any other suggestions? What can I give the girls instead of cars? (And where can I get them?)

I know there's been a thread on goody bags recently, but can't find it!

littlerach Thu 02-Jun-05 06:35:20

Hair clips?
Plastic jewellry?

Try Claires Accessories.

bayleaf Thu 02-Jun-05 08:18:32

I'm not going to be much help as I litterally keep an eye open all year for party bag fillers as I'm far too mean to pay much but yet I know how much pleasure dd gets from a good party bag and I want to try and replicate it! Most big supermarkets have a party bag section ( as does woolworths)with things like cheap sunglases packs etc which can be good - you don't mention how old the children are... - Also stickers are good. I regularly pop into places like £land to see what they've got as their stock is always changing and they often have good packs of stuff that can be split - eg jewelery/hairclips etc.
Good luck!

AuntyQuated Thu 02-Jun-05 08:20:46

after nother thread on here i put a packet of sunflower seeds...24p from Lidl...veryone was very pleased with them.

btw...i put in one packet of seeds nd one mini cadbury thing only.

Caligula Thu 02-Jun-05 08:27:15

Yes I must pop into Woolies today. Party is on Sunday so as usual I am leaving it almost to the last minute.

The children are 5 and 6 (DS's 6th birthday). Except DD who is 3, but of course she has to have a party bag as well!

kkgirl Thu 02-Jun-05 08:31:50

If you are near Claires at all they have goody bags for £2 which have about 6 items in which would be good for girls.

bigdonna Thu 02-Jun-05 08:40:59

hi do you have a primark near as they have some lovely packs of make up ,lipsticks, mirrors,nail polish,etc for 50p a pack .

Caligula Thu 02-Jun-05 08:48:08

Blimey I was in Primark yesterday and didn't notice any!

Evesmama Thu 02-Jun-05 08:49:18

theres a place in town near me called home cargains and i got dd some party size pots of play doh..7-8 for only £1 and fimbles bars of choccy (5-6 bars) were only 29p instead of much more every where else...
pound land/wilkinsons also have fruit shoots on offer at min (99p for 4/£1.79..BOGOF)

hth

calcium Fri 03-Jun-05 08:10:24

I haven't spent much on the party so decided to do nice goodie bags, went to ASDA and bought packs of funky kids socks 3 in a pack for £1.50 so could split them up, put small packs of multi coloured pencils and coloured wiggly straws in too. Also gliders planes for the boys, packs of choc buttons, Mr Men book each for boys, little Miss for girls. I do only have 8 kids coming though including my own.!

mrspink27 Fri 03-Jun-05 11:59:36

dd1's 3rd bday party is on saturday,
they are decorating fabric party bags that my sil has made, inside will be

ikea felt tips,
strip of stickers,
gummy bears,
bubbles,
a piece of cake or shaped biscuit
and a balloon

not into the plastic cr*p myself and i refuse to get drawn into the scourge of the party bag!!!

WigWamBam Fri 03-Jun-05 12:04:43

I put sunflower seeds in my dd's party bag as well, they had bumper packs of 6 packets in Wilkinson's for 99p. I also got some hair things for the girls in big pots from the pound shop, and a stack of notebooks, pencils, rubbers and so on from there too.

Pamina3 Fri 03-Jun-05 12:06:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marina Fri 03-Jun-05 12:23:01

Woolies do terrific sheets of stickers for both sexes

sabola Fri 03-Jun-05 12:46:51

My daughter had her birthday in May so I may not be much use. Seasonal sales in shops like GAP are a must! I managed to get lots of little girly pairs of socks! for 45P each. Great bag fillers! Although my daughter was reluctant to give them away!

mears Fri 03-Jun-05 12:49:14

Little notebooks are always appreciated. You can get them in places like John Menzies.

MRSflamesparrow Fri 03-Jun-05 13:05:42

When did party bags start getting so full

I would have loved ot have given simple ones this year, but I could have seen riots!!!

Claires seems your best stop - a few 6 packs of girly hair bits, and then you can divide em up.

Ronniebaby Fri 03-Jun-05 17:56:51

A party we recently went to they didnt give out party bags, they gave each child either a plastic glass or a drinks bottle, a car or girlie thing & a pack of either smarties or buttons.

Its great as DS has his own glass now.

aloha Fri 03-Jun-05 20:09:42

Primark! hairstufftastic! Entire Princess partybags with all manner of stuff for 99p

FrenchGirl Fri 03-Jun-05 21:53:21

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SPARKLER1 Fri 03-Jun-05 22:00:40

Fantastic idea about the seeds. Going to pinch that idea for dds next lot of party bags.

SPARKLER1 Fri 03-Jun-05 22:01:30

I have mentioned this stacks of times on MN. I make up sweet cups for parties instead of bags. Made with plastic drinking cups, cellophane and curling ribbon. Look very posh.

SPARKLER1 Fri 03-Jun-05 22:02:01

............they have one of these each and a slice of birthday cake to take home

Mog Fri 03-Jun-05 22:09:01

Do people always put birthday cake in party bags?

Evesmama Fri 03-Jun-05 22:24:17

i did..fills the bags up too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now