Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

hubbies' 40th birthday looming...april 5th next yr .loves formula one but looking for something we can all do together?

(7 Posts)
cutekids Wed 01-Jun-05 22:36:10

i'm a "kept woman". We have 3 kids 7,6,5 and i'm looking for somewhere to take my hubbie for his 40th birthday. His birthday isn't until April 5th next yr.(2006).I know he'd really love to see Formula one somewhere but I just want to find us somewhere "normal" for a brilliant holiday that includes the kids. I would also like to invite at least 4 other couples including at least 2-4 children but I need to keep it a surprise. Money isn't a great problem although I don't want to spend a fortune....after all it's his really....! Any suggestions?

cutekids Wed 01-Jun-05 22:46:47

BUMPETY BUMP....!

AtHomeMum Wed 01-Jun-05 22:49:10

Our favourite holiday place for kids is centre parcs- our 3 (8,6,4) adore it & a group means adults can share child care duties. We all take turns to cook to as don't think much to the food. Also OK in April.

zippy539 Wed 01-Jun-05 22:50:00

Um. Don't know if this is any help because I don't know anything about formula one but I've just booked a surprise 40th for dh in the south of France. Cheap flights - we're staying in Menton (not as glam as Cannes or Monaco but supposed to be really nice). Replied because I'm thinking Monaco = Grand Prix = cars. When is the Grand Prix anyway?

cutekids Wed 01-Jun-05 22:55:04

when's his birthday?

sylvev Sat 04-Jun-05 18:14:44

Hi there, just an idea that i did for dh's 40th (he's 50 next year, eek). We all went away for a few days and I wrapped up 40 presents for him, numbered them and he had to open them in order. He and the kids loved it and he wasn't expecting it! For his 50th we're saving up to go to Australia and NZ to visit old friends and have a family holiday.
Good luck with your planning!

Satine Sat 04-Jun-05 18:16:59

Goodwood Festival of Speed is the closest you can get to F1 cars and drivers - it's just heaven for petrol heads! V noisy for small children, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now