Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

old green man music festival

(12 Posts)
beansontoast Wed 01-Jun-05 21:10:03

has anyone been?
we have got tickets for this summer...very exited..a festival ,with my dp and ds.i cant believe it.it feels like im getting my life back.

i havent a clue who's playing...and i dont care

strugstu Wed 01-Jun-05 21:21:19

am going to show my age now- but what sort of festival is it?

i have done 'v' (toilets make me puke tho)

my ds is going to 'download' next week. Camping -4 days of peace and quiet!

beansontoast Thu 02-Jun-05 10:18:08

folky but modern folky.its pretty small and only in its second year...just right for breaking me in i think.
unfortunately all the camping tickets have sold out so now i have the tedious chore of finding somewhere to stay on the net.id much rather take my tent cos once you are inside it feels like home wherever you are.

its at baskerville hall,surrounded by 'ancient forests',near hay on wye.
apparantly its pretty family friendly..im hoping that means nice loos

swiperfox Thu 02-Jun-05 10:39:40

I can't wait to take my two to their first festival! Next year we are going to WOMAD which is World Of Music And Dance. I used to go with friends - sneak in in the middle of the night and sleep on bales of hay!! Think we'll do it the proper way with the kids though!! DP wants to take them to the Fairport Convention - very folky, long running festival.

I think you'll all thoroughly love it

tallulah Thu 02-Jun-05 17:42:49

swiperfox, we've been taking ours to Fairport (Cropredy) since they were 2, 4, 6 & 8 (Sadly we now have to pay for them!). We love it

moschops Thu 02-Jun-05 18:08:07

went to see Fairport at a local venue a few months ago..........i'm missing all the festivals this year as my pregnancy has meant they are out of the question.

am looking forward to taking the little one to a festival next year.......but Glastonbury's not on so will have to decide which one to go to instead.....

swiperfox Thu 02-Jun-05 18:09:31

Oh wow! whats it like for the kids at Fairport?

beansontoast Fri 03-Jun-05 14:08:40

hi groovers whats the fairport convention like..in terms of size,price, no of days,time of year,location etc...im getting a taste for this.would much rather spend my money camping at a festivals over the summer than flying somehwere exotic [mmm...actually dont hold me to that]

all this festival chat is getting me all giddy...im now thinking about summers well into the future when i have a brood of children and we go camping with friends....camping in a circle...dreeeeamy.

all this ignores the fact that dp doesnt really dig camPing ATALL.

swiperfox Fri 03-Jun-05 14:17:47

cropredy

beansontoast Fri 03-Jun-05 14:44:24

thanks

tallulah Fri 03-Jun-05 17:30:26

swiperfox you've probably answered your own question with that link! On the Saturday afternoon there is usually an area set up at the back of the field with all sorts of activities- plate spinning and giant dice rolling springs to mind (mine haven't joined in for at least the last 2 years so I'm not sure). Children "fit in" at Cropredy and the other adults tend to be quite watchful of them. The only problem we used to get was once it got dark people walking across the field tend to stand on them if you aren't careful- we got used to rigging up all sorts of barricades once they were too big to put into prams/pushchairs.

swiperfox Fri 03-Jun-05 19:31:12

lol there's a sub-heading for children on that site and it says to put glow stick necklaces on them so they don't get stepped on lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now