Talk

Advanced search

Do you swim with AF?

(10 Posts)
Rumpel Sat 05-Sep-09 12:52:26

My AF has reduced it's cycle time and am now due when I will be on hols. Have 2 littlies who love the pool and I hardl;y get to take them at home so don't want to miss out when we are away.

Do you/have you been swimming with your Af and if so what do you do? I know you can with a tampon but I have always thought it a bit grim TBH - does the water never go pinkish around you type thing?

I bought a mooncup and tried to use it this cycle but it feels uncomfortable and seems to slip down IYKWIM.

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks.

bigchris Sat 05-Sep-09 12:59:41

if you put a tampon in just before you go in you'd be fine surely?

TrillianAstra Sat 05-Sep-09 13:01:04

Yes, that's what tampons are for. Just make sur the string is somewhere tidy!

TanteRose Sat 05-Sep-09 13:11:22

the mooncup should be quite low down - if its uncomfortable, you should snip the stem off (or v. short)
As long as you put in a clean tampon/mooncup, and change/empty it after you get out of the pool, you should be fine.

Rumpel Sat 05-Sep-09 13:19:50

The stem is all off but it feels obvious IYKWIM? Maybe I am just not used to it yet?

Flamesparrow Sat 05-Sep-09 13:59:09

Insteads!

Disposable soft cup things - more comfortable than a mooncup and great if you normally used pads etc. Now good if you have a coil though (speaking from experience of "Oh, it will be fiiiiiiiiiiine" then losing the string blush)

Rumpel Sat 05-Sep-09 14:09:14

FLAME - where do you buy yours and how many would I need do you think? A box of 6 do or more?

Flamesparrow Sat 05-Sep-09 14:30:57

I have oodles here from where I bought them originally to sell at bumfluff - more than happy to sell some

Most people wash and reuse a few times even though they are disposable, so it really depends on how often you're likely to use them, how often you think you'd reuse etc. Makes sense to me to buy just 6 to start with though incase you don't like them

Rumpel Sat 05-Sep-09 15:22:40

Do you want me to buy 'em off bumfluff then or you directly - I'll give 'em a go.

Flamesparrow Sat 05-Sep-09 15:29:51

If you email me flamesparrow at gmail dot com.

Have sold Bumfluff to Ziggy but kept the insteads as for some reason they didn't sell (I think it is the disposable thing), thinking I would use em all up before my periods finished wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now