Talk

Advanced search

Taurean Men - are they compulsive liers when it comes to small things, just for the sake of it?!

(29 Posts)
Branster Wed 01-Jun-05 13:11:52

Just wondering... a few of my male friends are Taureans and they always seem to make things up. Mostly just for fun, otherwise small things (like one would say they're on their own in the office, yet it turns out they're not, nothing major)that don't matter that much. But why would they do this? Otherwise they appear to be very dependable and really nice guys. And other things these friends have said over the years, I just have a hinch they were not telling the truth. Why lie when you can easily not say anything if you don't want to divulge informations?? I'm puzzled.

My DB just had a baby boy, a Taurus, and I was wondering how this would affect his personality when he grows up.

dejags Wed 01-Jun-05 13:15:15

I won't go into how I know but in my experience you are spot on Branster.

beetroot Wed 01-Jun-05 13:16:59

Message withdrawn

Branster Wed 01-Jun-05 13:17:05

why do they do it? are they trying to cover something up? are they trying to protect their privacy somehow? are they trying to make you believe they're someone they're not? are thye trying to please you by telling you what they think you want to hear? is it just a game? or are they just immature?

Pinotmum Wed 01-Jun-05 13:17:21

I had an ex who was a Taurean - turned out he was very much as you describe. He got kicked into touch sharpish.

Branster Wed 01-Jun-05 13:18:36

yes beety, they appear to be very dependable and faithful to homely and all that, and don't lie about major stuff, yet there's this sort of 'fun' they seem to have out of telling porkies!

mancmum Wed 01-Jun-05 13:18:46

from my limited knowledge of astrology, I would say that behaviour is not typical taurean -- they are solid, dependable, honst types who don't normally have flights of fancy or imagination....

lockets Wed 01-Jun-05 13:19:34

Message withdrawn

Branster Wed 01-Jun-05 13:19:42

is there a good website about this stuff?

beetroot Wed 01-Jun-05 13:21:25

Message withdrawn

Branster Wed 01-Jun-05 13:24:33

well, interesting, the ones i know love their boy toys and always get what they fancy , like the car they want the phone they want etc.

robin3 Wed 01-Jun-05 13:26:26

Don't think it's a star sign thing but I do think some men can't be bothered to explain detail - like not being on the way to the office - when it seems irrelevant to them.

Also think some lie because they think it'll avoid confusion i.e. wife worrying about how they're going to back in time when they're not in the office, but it causes confusion.

Others lie because they don't feel they should have to justify every detail in their life. My Dad is a bit like this.

Others are just unscrupulous idiots but they tend to be a great deal less transparent and are more likely to give you too much detail to cover their tracks. Professional liars in other words.

beetroot Wed 01-Jun-05 13:29:51

Message withdrawn

phucknuckle Wed 01-Jun-05 13:34:08

YES!!!!!

My dp does it, he is a Taurean, why I don't know, Ohohoh Can I join your Partner-of-a-taurean-man Support Group?

mummycan Wed 01-Jun-05 13:35:56

Not just Taureans - ALL blokes are like that!

Branster Wed 01-Jun-05 13:39:25

robin3, what interesting points you made.
men's minds can be like that!
however, my DH, Capricorn, never lies. In fact he is incapable of keeping a secret (which is a bit embarrassing when I tell him stuff he's not suppose to tell other people about). My DB is the same and he's a Capricorn too. But they can't keep a secret because they're too honest, i think.

suedonim Wed 01-Jun-05 13:40:00

Not ime! I'm married to a Taurean and he's absolutely straight down the line. I doubt he'd even know how to tell a porkie-pie!

dejags Wed 01-Jun-05 13:40:07

My DH does it but he is such a lovely man the other 99.2% of the time I tolerated it. Eventually it came to a head and I put a stop to it because it drove me nuts! It was never anything serious, just the odd embellishment, leaving things out and telling silly porkies rather than face the music. I am a Taurus and couldn't be less like this (if I say so myself )

I wasn't going to embellish on how I know because I don't like saying bad things about DH on the www and he really is a great husband and dad.

Branster Wed 01-Jun-05 13:40:27

Can I just say in support of all you partners of Tuarean men, that all the ones I personally know are rather attractive and they have a very sexy aura about them, of which they don't appear to be aware.

charliecat Wed 01-Jun-05 13:41:18

I know a capricorn male like this and a gemini, also a scorpio. The taurean i can think of was very loyal.

dejags Wed 01-Jun-05 13:41:29

I think DH is quite sexy and I suppose other women find him attractive too.

Branster Wed 01-Jun-05 13:41:32

dejags, i ahve a very good female Taurean friend and she never lies. She 's one of teh loveliest ladies I know.

Branster Wed 01-Jun-05 13:42:14

yes, these Taurean men also appear to be very loyal and dependable in their family and work lives.

dejags Wed 01-Jun-05 13:43:21

oh well Branster - DS1 is also Taurean (yes three of us in the same house). DS2 is Virgo, I'll know in about 15 years time how true this really is i.e. did DS's get my honest genes or DH's porky genes

Branster Wed 01-Jun-05 13:44:19

dejags, you're blessed with a Virgo!!! I'm a virgo too and it's the best sign ther is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now