Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone's baby / child do modelling? Would you recommend it or not?

(6 Posts)
electra Wed 02-Sep-09 22:04:37

Dd3 (nearly 5 months old) got accepted by an agency called Bizzykidz. I have never 'auditioned' any of my children for this and just did it for a laugh really and I am wondering whether they just accept everyone anyway...

I am not sure now whether it is worth paying the fee they charge or not for her to go on their website? Her temperament would certainly suit it because she hardly ever cries and smiles at everyone and also seems very responsive when we take her picture.

Anyone's child do it?

nannymcphee Wed 02-Sep-09 22:09:29

Not personally, but had a friend who's child was quite successful until she was about 18months. The big downside was all the travelling and hanging around for auditions/go sees and then probably not getting the job - so not easy unless they're your only child (as was my friends). Her baby was on the cover of Mothercare magazines etc and got paid a few £100 pounds each time, so not big money. I'm sure she didn't have to pay a fee to join an agency though - if they think your daughter is good enough, they should be schmoozing you for the extra money they'll make out of her - sounds a bit dodgy! But good luck if you go down that route.

letsgostrawberrypicking Wed 02-Sep-09 22:12:04

2 of mine did it with Scallywags but even though they got work, with all the train fares and taxis we didnt make back the initial £250 approx fees we paid. It was fun at the time and if you live in or very near London you may make the money back.

electra Wed 02-Sep-09 22:13:23

Thanks for your advice! I think it is fairly standard to pay a fee though, unless I'm mistaken?

letsgostrawberrypicking Wed 02-Sep-09 22:18:33

some dont charge up front at all I have heard - I think Urban Angels takes their fee out of your wages which I think is a much fairer thing to do

electra Wed 02-Sep-09 22:36:36

I agree! Well I know very little about it tbh...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now