Talk

Advanced search

help! Have to go to the dry cleaners as they have wrecked v expensive suit. What do I say ?

(4 Posts)
mrshouse Wed 02-Sep-09 11:22:04

Collected DH's suit yesterday (obviously his best most expensive hardly ever worn suit) and there's there was a safety pin put through the sleeve. We've worked out that it was there to mark an existing 'defect' they found which is a single loose stitch in the seam but the safety pin has caused 2 tears where the pins go in and out.

I'm really fed up of having to put up with this kind of thing. I want to make a claim from the cleaners but most likely they will deny responsibility. What do I say ??

mrshouse Wed 02-Sep-09 12:12:49

bump - any ideas anybody ?

minitrip Wed 02-Sep-09 13:25:53

It's worth going to speak to them first. They probably will deny it but I guess you have to start the ball rolling sooner rather than later. They should have insurance for this kind of thing. If no luck follow up with letter posted registered post explaining the problem and stating the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 'that service must be carried out using reasonable care and skill', asking for compensation and asking them to respond within seven day. Failing that then that ask Consumer Direct for advice - they're very good: 08454 040506.

mrshouse Wed 02-Sep-09 19:47:44

Thanks! I have spoken to them. Weren't too dismissive but want to see the jacket (understandably). I took photos in as DH needed the suit for a dinner after work tonight. Will see what they say then and then follow your advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now