Talk

Advanced search

Courses to do for gaining employment in a school office

(7 Posts)
nutcracker Tue 31-May-05 11:22:47

My cousin wants to train to do an office job in a school. Her dd starts school this september and although she has applied for a few she has been unsucessful so far as she has no office/admin skills to speak of.

She has asked me for advice on which course to do but I am not to sure so I tohught i'd ask you lot .

Have looked on colege website and they do administration level 1 and they also do certificates and diplomas in text processing.

Not really sure which is best. I think she basically wants a job as an admin assitant not a secretary or anything like that.

Help

nutcracker Tue 31-May-05 11:30:42

Bump cos she's on my case

emily05 Tue 31-May-05 11:32:27

I think that an adminstrative course would be ideal. I worked in admin in a college and the skills they looked for was computer literacy and admin skills. I think that anything like that would help her

catgirl Tue 31-May-05 11:32:58

admin level 1 sounds ok, but how about she asks the schools where she has been unsuccessful, what courses/skills they think would be useful? A typing course too would make life easier I should think.

nutcracker Tue 31-May-05 11:35:46

Oh good idea catgirl, hadn't thought of that.

Have just had a look at the jobs page on council website and i think you are both right,admin typing courses would go down well i think.

Money's not bad either, am almost tempted my self

catgirl Tue 31-May-05 11:42:22

good luck to your cousin!

nutcracker Tue 31-May-05 11:47:17

Thankyou, she hasn't had a very good time recently so I am hoping this will change things for the better for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now