Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

how do i get paint out of my carpet???!!!!!!!

(5 Posts)
lilybird Tue 31-May-05 08:31:47

my dd (2yo) decided this morning to paint all her toys and some of my cream(!) carpet with a tester paint i had left out last nite! i know, i know i shouldn't have left it out, dh has gone of his rocker and we're not speaking and my carpet is a mess!
any ideas how or if paint will come out??????

Fran1 Tue 31-May-05 08:37:49

Is it emulsion?

I would soak with water and try to scrub it out.

when i got gloss paint on our already yuck and soon to be replaced carpet i trimmed it but you probably won't want to do that unless you are planning on changing carpets soon!

DaddyCool Tue 31-May-05 09:27:19

all depends on what type of paint...

emulsion is water based and you just clean it with soap and water as Fran1 has said.

gloss is oil based and the only way i know how to do this is to pour white spirit (immediately) onto the stain and dab out. then wash the carpet with soap and water to get the white spirit out after.

katzguk Tue 31-May-05 09:29:55

we found the paint remover wipes worked quite well on all paint. also babywipes rather worryingly!!

lilybird Tue 31-May-05 09:52:04

thanks guys, not really sure what type of paint it is, as i'm at work now can't check. but dh has just texted (not rang cos we're not speaking!) to say that he has got it out & it doesn't look too bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now