Talk

Advanced search

LIght bulbs-

(6 Posts)
Celia2 Sun 23-Aug-09 10:59:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ponders Sun 23-Aug-09 11:16:20

Do they have the ordinary tungsten bulbs in or special small ones? I think it's only the standard tungsten bulbs which won't be available any more - because there is a low energy equivalent - afaik things like halogen spotlights & the tiny bulbs for desk lamps will still be available. (I've got one small touch-base lamp & it has a very small round bulb, like a torch)

If they do use the ordinary bulbs then yes, stock up. I've just ordered 10 150w bulbs for some of our ceiling lights - the 20w low energy just aren't bright enough. (From Maplin - they also have all the weird sized ones)

Ponders Sun 23-Aug-09 11:19:23

This page has all the GLS bulb sizes in both BC & ES - they even have 200w, that would be dazzling!

Celia2 Sun 23-Aug-09 11:28:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ponders Tue 25-Aug-09 20:26:47

My Maplin order arrived today smile

(I'm wondering if I need to test all the bulbs before I put them away - it's going to be a long time before I use a lot of them...they are eveready though, so a decent make at least, although I never knew they made bulbs as well as batteries!)

Cryptoprocta Tue 25-Aug-09 20:32:17

You would need something like thi

Basically look for energy savers that are also dimmable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now