Advanced search

Anyone had Hopi Ear Candles?

(11 Posts)
saggyhairyarse Fri 21-Aug-09 22:13:35

Did you have any after effects?

jellyhelly Fri 21-Aug-09 22:37:39

Fell asleep! Was lovely and relaxing with a warm wooshy sound smile

bruxeur Fri 21-Aug-09 22:42:15

Only once, thankfully. Bit itchy and took a week or so to clear upwith the antibiotics, but the worst thing was having to call all the people I'd engaged in unprotected quackery with, to let them know.

hellisotherpeople Fri 21-Aug-09 22:49:27

... my pocket felt a lot lighter. wink

choufleur Sat 22-Aug-09 18:53:05

i've bought them from a chemist and done at home. much cheaper. really liked them and definitely cleaned ears out

MrsBadger Sat 22-Aug-09 19:00:45

they don't work

the gunk on the inside is produced by the candle itself - the same stuff appears if you burn one in an empty jamjar

kathyis6incheshigh Sun 23-Aug-09 17:02:17

apparently they aren't really anything to do with the Hopi tribe either.

Bomper Sun 23-Aug-09 19:30:49

Yep, I used 'em. My ears were still blocked afterwards and I nearly set fire to my hair!! Other than that - great!! hmm

domesticslattern Sun 23-Aug-09 19:47:33

You are bonkers to consider em

serious risks of ear candling

Why not buy some Otex/ Audiclean and spend the change on a nice relaxing massage?

Hormonesnomore Sun 23-Aug-09 19:53:17

I have experience of hopi candles. I was given a £15 voucher for my local spa & that was the only 'treatment' at that price so I thought I'd try it. (Nothing wrong with my ears).

I found it very relaxing, what with the whale music & the practitioner/therapist person talking soothingly & me lying there feeling extremely chilled. That was the only benefit though. I was quite horrified at the brown gunk inside the candle but after reading MrsBadger's post I don't feel so bad.

MrsGhoulofGhostbourne Fri 25-Sep-09 11:24:11

Bomper grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now