Talk

Advanced search

Help please - have left it very late to get stuff for party bags

(11 Posts)
Thelongroadhome Fri 21-Aug-09 16:23:03

Had planned to order stuff from a catalogue in advance and be organised but have left it till now (and am at work). Have parties on Saturday (8 year olds) and Sunday (6 year olds)- does anyone have any good ideas of what I should get that you can get somewhere handy? Thanks.

littlenamelessunrememberedacts Fri 21-Aug-09 16:23:59

me too

I need them on Sunday and have done sod all

help.....please.....

StealthPolarBear Fri 21-Aug-09 16:24:21

big supermarkets tend to do stickers and small toys

mankymummymoo Fri 21-Aug-09 16:25:46

Asda... they are doing 10 items (usually 4 to 8 items per bag) for £4 I think.

Big bag of lolly pops / haribo mini bags, bung in some cake and a couple of balloons.

Thelongroadhome Fri 21-Aug-09 16:31:56

I did wonder about just putting in lots of sweets but wondered if I would be ostracised in the playground. 8 year old wants water bombs but instead of packs for 50p they now do big packs of 100 for £1.50 but I didnt really want them. Might go for it if I get very lazy. Also tho, some of the children are going to both parties and I didnt think girls would want them. Hmm.

mankymummymoo Fri 21-Aug-09 17:16:19

mmm... i dont think id be that impressed with water bombs but then i dont have an eight year old !

MmeLindt Fri 21-Aug-09 17:18:57

Tesco often have selections of little gifts.

Bubbles

Stickers

Fancy pens

Balloons (water balloons a big hit with my 7yo and 5yos at the moment)

Chamomile Fri 21-Aug-09 17:19:02

At this time of year I'd get little notebooks,mini gel pens, novelty erasers etc. Supermarkets all have back to school bargains.

chichichien Fri 21-Aug-09 17:25:24

Supermarkets deff. Children love little post-it pads for some reason.

Tommy Fri 21-Aug-09 17:41:18

We bought packets of 3 glow sticks in Poundland yesterday - one glow stick in each bag. And bubbles - pack of nine and sweets.
Poundland rules grin

Thelongroadhome Sun 23-Aug-09 21:21:58

Thanks everyone - in the end got super mario bros sweet dispenser things and lots of sweets and then I found out the party did party bags too so they got lots of sweets. Tried our poundland and I love glow sticks but they didnt have anything - it was closing down. Got wind up fishing games in Asda as well which were cheap and I think are good fun although I noticed only one of mine had actually opened it today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now