Talk

Advanced search

Help! I bought some shoes from a site -- not sure what to do next...

(11 Posts)
electra Thu 20-Aug-09 16:11:24

I bought some Ugg boots from a site I found using a search engine. It looked absolutely fine and I paid via paypal. The first strange thing to happen was that the item didn't turn up so I emailed the site and received it the next day hmm

Then when I opened the box I found they are a size 3, not a size 4 as I ordered. The strange thing, though is that the size I ordered was US(6) UK(4.5) EUR(37) and in the label of the boots I received it says US(6) UK(3) EUR(36). I emailed the site and said that they had sent the wrong size to which they replied I would have to pay for the return. I said, no because it is their error and the person I am conversing with does not seem to have a very good grasp of English and doesn't seem to understand what I am saying!

What should I do next??

TIA

electra Thu 20-Aug-09 16:26:07

anyone??

CybilLiberty Thu 20-Aug-09 16:27:28

Is it a foreign site? Do you have a record of your order?

electra Thu 20-Aug-09 16:32:32

Yes I do have a record - I am not sure if it is - it didn't appear to be. I have the invoice, etc.

clumsymum Thu 20-Aug-09 16:34:17

Well where do you have to return them to, UK or abroad?

CybilLiberty Thu 20-Aug-09 16:34:52

I think you have just got to pester them and say you are not paying the return postage as it was their error. You have the invoice to prove what size you ordered.

If you paid through paypal can you dispute it with them if you get no joy from thwe shoe company?

electra Thu 20-Aug-09 16:37:34

Yes, I'm wondering that. I will try sending another email but the person I was talking to didn't seem to understand. Think I will have to be more careful in future! The label says China - there was no indication of this from the website. I would not have ordered it from there because of the amount of postage time...

EldonAve Thu 20-Aug-09 16:39:52

do you think they are real?

electra Thu 20-Aug-09 16:51:40

Well I'm starting to wonder frankly! They weren't much cheaper though - they claimed to be 'on sale' but they also were on a lot of other sites hmm

EldonAve Thu 20-Aug-09 17:49:23

The Ugg site has US 6 UK 4.5 EUR 37 in their size guide

electra Thu 20-Aug-09 18:22:42

right - but curiously the label on my shoes says US6 UK3 EUR36 - so that doesn't make sense because that size doesn't exist - but having tried it on it is deffo a size 3.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now