Talk

Advanced search

ipod / itunes question

(7 Posts)
flumperoo Tue 18-Aug-09 11:44:17

What box is it that I need to tick in itunes settings to ensure that my ipod doesn't get cleared of all it's contents when I plug it into my laptop?

I have managed to clear my whole ipod before just by plugging it into a computer and am very keen not to make the same mistake again (it took a loooong to get over it!) smile

TaxiLady Tue 18-Aug-09 11:48:25

something to do with "Automatic Synching"

i loathe ipods and my nano does everything it can to vex me

flumperoo Tue 18-Aug-09 11:51:01

I agree that ipods are a pain grin

I know I need to set my itunes so that my ipod does not synch with my itunes library - or something like that - but I can't find where!

Tidey Tue 18-Aug-09 11:51:37

I think you have to set it to disc use so it doesn't sync every time you plug it in. We have two ipods on the same computer and I didn't want DP's music being automatically added to my ipod, so I think I changed the settings.

Tidey Tue 18-Aug-09 11:54:09

When you plug in your ipod, go to Summary and tick Manually manage music.

flumperoo Tue 18-Aug-09 12:05:49

Oh gawd, it's the plugging in of the ipod that I wary of. Ok, I'll give it a go smile

flumperoo Tue 18-Aug-09 12:53:53

Phew! Did it and all was ok grin Thanks for the replies.

While we're talking about itunes though, can anyone tell me how to get music from a USB disk to itunes so that it can be transferred to an ipod please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now