Talk

Advanced search

Who's got BT Broadband basic and......

(8 Posts)
KatieMac Thu 26-May-05 21:22:54

has managed to make it wireless

BT say it can't be wireless and computer chappie says it can be.

It arrives on Tuesday but I'd like to know today as I can upgrade it - if I need too

TIA
KMC

starlover Thu 26-May-05 21:27:31

physically it is possible.
however, you may find that it is a restricted service, and contractually it may not be allowed. this would mean that if BT found out (which they could resonably easily) they could terminate your contract.

KatieMac Thu 26-May-05 21:29:24

What's a restricted service?

starlover Thu 26-May-05 21:30:03

well in your contract with them it may say that you can't use it wirelessly... because in effect you could be using loads of different computers on it... thus losing them money!

Bellie Thu 26-May-05 21:32:09

I'm pretty sure we are on basic broadband (sorry dh away so can't ask him) and we are wireless. Not sure that we told BT (so no telling please ) we just brought an apple airport system and off we went.....

KatieMac Thu 26-May-05 21:51:02

I'll try it anyway....when my website is up & running I can change my email addy and then BT can throw me off (for all I care)

starlover Thu 26-May-05 21:52:30

dp said they probably wouldn't notice if you went wireless, but it is something they could easily pick up on...

by all means go for it, just be aware that they might kick you off!!!
Alternately... go for a different provider?

KatieMac Thu 26-May-05 21:56:14

I only want to stay with BT until I have a new email addy/website as the BT addy is onall my business literature.

When it's on - I'll be OK and BT can go hang (they are so expensive for BroadBand)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now