Talk

Advanced search

Part 3!....They wont accept an offer till ours is sold

(21 Posts)
Evesmama Thu 26-May-05 20:47:52

estate agents rang today to say builder who part ex'd on 'our' house...they could not accept our offer(didnt expect them too..but worse to come)
said as they had already reduced it, the couldnt drop that much.
but then estate agent told me that even if i offerd full asking price, they would still only take it as a 'notice of interest' and keep it fully available to anyone else as we havent sold yet.

feel really sad and gutted...i think we're gonna lose it now

lavenderrr Thu 26-May-05 20:49:52

don't understand sorry are they not happy with your money and willing to accept less?

NomDePlume Thu 26-May-05 20:50:49

that's really awful evesmama, but it's really common for people to only accept offers from people who are in a position to buy the house, which technically you aren;t. Hope it all comes out ok in the end, it looks like a lovely place.

Evesmama Thu 26-May-05 20:51:22

yes, if that person is not in middle of selling or is first time buyer

Evesmama Thu 26-May-05 20:52:06

if it was still in haands of seller then we may have stood a chance as we both got on very well, but obviously she has no say now

LeahE Thu 26-May-05 21:03:22

This is pretty common and understandable, I suppose. We lost our perfect, fell-in-love-with-it-the-moment-we-saw-it home that way a few years back and it still disappoints me even though I'm very happy where we are now. At least it's more honest than "accepting" your offer and then taking another one a few weeks later because your house hasn't sold (that's also happened to us).

wheresmyfroggy Thu 26-May-05 21:12:22

We had a similar situation not long ago, we accepted an offer on our place with 'conditions' in order that we could just offer on our 'dream' house. then the people in the dream house made little or no effort to buy somewhere else and since the 'condition' on our sale was a time limit we were forced to make a last minute rush and buy somewhere else and it has been a nightmare since due to lack of time to get the deal sorted

Hoping to exchange tomorrow and complete next friday though [fingers crossed emoticon]

Evesmama Thu 26-May-05 21:16:57

good luck WMF

well we've agreed that if it would help, we would move out and rent so as not to cause long chain(we're thinking someone buying our present house will be first time buyers)
i honestly(and big headedly) cant see why our present house wouldnt be snapped up!, very clean, all upvc, lovely neautral tones through all rooms, lovely fire palce, gorgeous back garden, not long been carpeted agin and just finished decorating bathroom/kitchen and back bedroom....
just hope some one appreciates my hard work

wheresmyfroggy Thu 26-May-05 21:21:11

Good luck with renting, our buyers tried to suggest we do that to accomodate them, fully knowing we had an 18 month old and had just had dd2 (no f'ing way jose was our answer)

Evesmama Thu 26-May-05 21:23:01

yeah, we've got dd who's just over 2, but so want to bein this area, would rent, just to get her into good nursey school until something else becomes available...really dont want to do that, but we might have no choice

Orinoco Thu 26-May-05 23:41:02

Message withdrawn

Evesmama Fri 27-May-05 13:34:52

its been part ex'd by Charles Church, think they are relitivly new?

have just been ringing round getting some more veiwings ^just incase^

Valuer will be coming here in 20 mins

munz Fri 27-May-05 13:36:05

hope not EM - how long will it take u to sell ur house?

Evesmama Fri 27-May-05 13:36:54

10 minutes cos is fnatastic!!!

munz Fri 27-May-05 13:38:56

lol when's ur first viewing? and have u taken ann murices tips on board from the house dr?

Evesmama Fri 27-May-05 13:58:12

by the letter!!

seriously some may not like it but my house is decorated very stylish and neautral...hope other people feel the same as me and snap it up

munz Fri 27-May-05 14:06:37

well netural sells hon (that and craming everything into cupborads to hide it away!)

Evesmama Fri 27-May-05 15:14:43

don the crammin too

well valuer just been...not as pleased as i could have been, but exactly what dp thought(more realistic..im a greedy madam), but because we have found one we want, cant afford to be greedy!

so it is now officially up for sale!

when it go's on the net, ill post it

munz Fri 27-May-05 15:51:43

YAY - then we can all come over for a cuppa, so get the kettle on!

Evesmama Sat 28-May-05 22:38:46

cuppa sweetie!!!!
you can av something stronger than that if we get it!

munz Sun 29-May-05 13:17:05

ooh in that case get the taboo out!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: