Talk

Advanced search

re-locating,have you moved away from your family?to another area/country?

(4 Posts)
bubblepop Fri 14-Aug-09 22:50:57

tell me about it.why did you move? how far away did you go? did you settle into your new home/life, or not? im interested in other peoples experiences,dh and I have always lived in the same area.we are settled here..but sometimes think to ourselves the world is a big place why are we still here!grin

Nighbynight Fri 14-Aug-09 23:05:56

ha ha well I am in germany, and part of the attraction is the distance from my family I must admit.

Germany is fantastic, but do read the german schools threads on mn before you relocate...

brimfull Fri 14-Aug-09 23:09:32

I moved from Canada to Uk when I was 20 ..that was a long time ago.
Dh and I lived in Bermuda for a few yrs staight after we got married.

I would recommend trying a new place or country -if nothing else it makes you appreciate your home -if you decide to return.

YanknCock Fri 14-Aug-09 23:16:22

I moved from the U.S. to the UK nearly 7 years ago, and feel pretty settled here. Did this for ExH, obviously things didn't work out there, but am remarried now. DH2 and I moved from London to the northwest last year, and it's been a bit lonely as our friends and his family are still in London. Am starting to meet more people through antenatal groups now.

I'd still move again, DH and I talk about where we might like to go....Canada, or maybe somewhere in Europe (I'd prefer Germany). Once you've made a big move, I think you realise there are pros and cons for every place, and a lot of it is what you make of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now