Talk

Advanced search

Tesco Clubcard Rewards

(9 Posts)
BigGobMum Fri 14-Aug-09 21:14:22

Anyone know if this is true? I read on another forum that from Monday Tesco are changing their rewards scheme so that you get 2 points for every £1 spent instead of the current 1 point per £1 spent. This, I think, will in effect reduce the value of the points by half. I currently have quite a lot of tokens which I will eventually convert into deals (currently every £1 gives £4 in deals tokens). Does anyone know if from Monday these will be reduced to £1 only giving £2 worth of deals tokens? I cannot find any definite information about this. Should I be changing my tokens before Monday? Thanks in advance for anyone who has any information about this.

cazboldy Sat 15-Aug-09 08:38:04

oh no! I hope not!

ChasingSquirrels Sat 15-Aug-09 08:44:26

there is threads on MSE about this.
The gist seems to be that they are doubling the value (ie you get 2 for £1 instead of 1 for £1 - but the points are still worth the same amount).

BUT that rewards are getting worse (ie the holiday ones are being restricted, the new cinema ones aren't worth 4 x voucher value etc. The trend seems to be that you will be encouraged to spend more at tesco rather than with deals - like the current double up. So they are increasing the reward but more of it should be spent with tesco).

OnlyWantsOneWantsAnother Sat 15-Aug-09 08:44:58

there has been a lot of promotion, via post and in store re the points being used - Maybe give the customer services a call.

Flaming tescos, hate'em

DailyMailIsFarFromPerfect Sat 15-Aug-09 08:46:15

I haven't heard this = but they DO now have 3 conversion systems whcih is what may be talked about

Option 1- take to teh supermarket and spend on groceries. You can spend £1 voucher on £1 shopping

Option 2 - Take the vouchers toteh supermarket and trade them for "instore, non grocery" vouchers (e.g. clothes, back to school). Here you will get a new instore voucher which is worth double that of the clobcard voucher. So £1 = £2.

Option 3 - chose something from the Deals catelogue. Here you can get holiays, RAC cover, magazine subs, days out etc. AFAIK this is still convereted at £1 = £4 in deals.

Of course you OP is not clear. If they are giving 2 points for every £ spent then we will all recieve double clubcard points at the checkout, and therefore get double the amount of points and can therefore have double the amount of deals.

The other thing that they could have been talking about is that if you have a CREDIT CARD you get more points per £ sepent.

ChasingSquirrels Sat 15-Aug-09 08:46:39

i've not seen any promotion about using up your points.
I have alot of vouchers, no way will I spend them all on deals before Monday!

DailyMailIsFarFromPerfect Sat 15-Aug-09 08:48:19

Neither have I. I have seen lots of promotions and had lots of emails telling me to hurry and collect points before they are converted (on the 23rd?).

ChasingSquirrels Sat 15-Aug-09 08:51:33

my tell receipts say points earned to 25th July will be converted and arrive by 31st August.

I'll find the MSE discussion..here, there are more threads on there.

DailyMailIsFarFromPerfect Sat 15-Aug-09 08:52:33

this suggests that we are indeed going to be recieving MORE POINTS. Which will lead to us have more vouchers to spend. It states that they will still be quadruple value - although I am sceptical - -because it is a bloody good scheme already I can't belieev that we will get more out of it when there is no other scheme which comes close.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now