Talk

Advanced search

Anyone drive a Toyota Rav4 or a Nissan Qashcai ???????

(12 Posts)
mosschops30 Fri 14-Aug-09 13:54:16

Whats it like?

Dh has cooked up some crap idea where he part ex's his very posh expensive audi for me to have something I like, whilst he gets my audi cos he can fit his surfing stuff into hmm

sounds too good to be true, but the qashcai or rav4 would be my choice of car so just wondered what the opinions were

slayerette Fri 14-Aug-09 14:15:57

Don't know either car (although own a Toyota Yaris and is very reliable) but like the look of a Qashqai for DH so will be watching this thread!

akhems Fri 14-Aug-09 14:24:38

I have a qashqai and I love it, very roomy and it's nice to be a bit higher up than in normal cars. Mine's 2.0 petrol automatic, and I get about 32mpg.

However, I find it an absolute arse to park, the rear window is quite small and the parking sensors are too sensitive and go nuts when you've still got about a metre and a half of wiggle room. Might just be me tho with poor spatial awareness

themoon66 Fri 14-Aug-09 14:28:22

I used to have a short wheel base RAV, but I think they only make the longer ones now.

I loved my RAV - it was very reliable, Toyota were good with servicing etc. I would have another one if I still had kids to ferry about.

And it was mega easy to park with excellent visability.

lynniep Fri 14-Aug-09 14:34:14

we had a qashqai (lord -how do you spell it?!!) as a brand new company car for a while.

I really didnt like it.

Depends what you're after - as a family car I would say no way.

As a big safe blokes car I'd say yes - was very comfy, felt like a tank (in a protective way) and was very clunky - not sure how to explain what I mean - not a bad clunky - just the way the indicator goes clunk clunk and everything is very solid - very manly LOL. As previous posteer said its quite high up too - nice to sit in.

BUT I disagree completely with roomy - yes in the front theres lots of space but the back is not spacious once you've got the kids in there (we have the nissan tino which has far more room and yet the car is a similar size on the outside) The boot is ridiculously small considering how big the car is on the outside. No more than the punto we have now. The windows are too small - I was always worried about banging into something as there was so much car and it was so difficult to see anything around you. It also guzzled oil like nothing I've ever experience - apparently new cars do that, but it was a bit much for my liking.

I think its safe for the person inside, but dangerous for anyone that goes near it as the driver just can't see that well. I just dont see the point of something thats built like an inverse tardis.

shhhh Sat 15-Aug-09 22:01:50

I have a qashqai and I love it grin.

Im only 4ft 11 and fint it such a dream to drive. I have a 1.8 petrol Tekna so get everything on it. I agree with akhems in that the sensors tend to go mad when you have miles left to park but I don't find it a problem to park. The opposite in fact.

I love the height position and although its smaller than me last car (verso) there is still enough for for 2 toddlers and a pram in the boot and shopping.

Fab on petrol and a nice safe and sturdy car.

However, should we have a 3rd child we would need to upgrade/change the car...

BTW,I love the funkyness of the car. A yummy mummys car that doesn't scream "look at me I have kids grin".

(I did look at the RAV4 as well when getting my car but decided for the qashqai)

GrimmaTheNome Sat 15-Aug-09 22:07:11

When we were looking for my car we test drove a QashQai - liked it at first but then decided it was rather too noisy and a hard ride. (got another Toyota Avensis instead. Dont know about Rav4 but toyota does build very reliable cars and the service is spot on at our dealer)

PictureThis Sat 15-Aug-09 22:08:05

I have a long wheel base Toyota Rav 4 and love it. It is so easy to drive, lovely driving position, nice roomy boot and easy to park. I would definitely have another one.

Ponders Sat 15-Aug-09 22:15:26

You could wait for the new Skoda Yeti next month - it's getting great write-ups & is a lot cheaper than the Qashqai (sp???) (& you'll be able to spell it too grin)

zipzap Mon 17-Aug-09 13:14:12

have you considered a cr-v? I've got a honda cr-v which is often in the lists alongside the toyota rav4 - it's great, easy to drive, comfortable, loads of space, nicely high up, not too big on the outside. Good fuel efficiency, good passenger and pedestrian safety, it's even built in britain despite being a honda!

I haven#t been in the new design model (aroudn for the last year or so) but have the previous model and it is great. And honda, like toyota, are very reliable, good servicing etc.

theDMplagiarisedLeonie Mon 17-Aug-09 13:23:23

Message withdrawn

GooseyLoosey Mon 17-Aug-09 13:26:09

We had a Rav 4 for years. Tiny boot but the 2 door version had great access to the back (we had 2 dcs in car seats and much easier than new 4 door car). Very reliable - never any problems and dh drives like a nutter. We miss it (have traded in for more "sensible" family car).

Tried the Qashqai but found it was a lot bigger on the outside but on the inside this translated into a very large boot space but not much useable passenger space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now