Talk

Advanced search

Some necky skanky barstewards have helped themselves to the black metal gates in our back yard!!

(2 Posts)
MadreInglese Fri 14-Aug-09 10:03:39

We had collected a few swirly patterned metal gates in our back yard that were leant against a long concrete wall in an attempt at disguising the concrete as something nicer.

They were there yesterday morning when I hung out washing, when we got home they had gone!

I'm relieved that we weren't broken into or anything else broken or taken, and we hadn't actually paid for any of the gates (from friends and freecycle) so are not technically out of pocket but I still can't believe that someone was brash enough to think they could just swipe them! We had planned to bolt them to the wall, but more for safety so they didn't fall on anyone than to stop them being nicked.

Have reported it to the local police who said apparently there has been a spate of pikeys (his words not mine!) scouting our area and helping themselves to any metal they fancy for scrap or salvage.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

MadreInglese Fri 14-Aug-09 12:15:11

Just had a call from the police - they're going round to check out our yard and speak to a few neighbours, not sure if that will achieve anything but glad they are doing something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now