Talk

Advanced search

Haven't received 4!!!! parcels in the post this week. What to do?

(6 Posts)
Pawsandclaws Fri 14-Aug-09 09:30:37

The 4 parcels are from 3 seperate people, one being a clothing company who have fortunately offered to send replacements on the basis of goodwill.

The other two are ebay sellers who have proof of post (and I'm pretty sure are genuine).

What do I do? Speak to the postman (dour sourpuss who'll probably just say he hasn't seen them) or ring the depot? (have been there before to collect parcels and don't get the impression much would be done about this).

Will I be unofficially blacklisted as a trouble maker if I ring the depot or higher?

I once rang about a missed bin collection (wasn't whining or complaining, just saying bins hadn't gone, could they be collected please) and the following week found 8 wheelybins outside the house when normally they are scattered over about 100m around the close, so a bit of a hmm coincidence. So I am a bit worried about raising concerns as there isn't any alternative services to post and bins is there?!

squilly Fri 14-Aug-09 09:33:50

Ring your local sorting office (google via Royal Mail for sorting offce in your home town) and then give them a call. Ask them if they cover your street/have any parcels for you.

If it's not the right sorting office, they'll give you a contact number.

Royal Mail are usually great at helping with things like this.

Check out the ROyal Mail webpage for confirmation on how you claim for missing parcels and take it from there.

You'll sort it,I'm sure

Pawsandclaws Fri 14-Aug-09 10:55:24

Thanks Squilly smile I will try them.

Firawla Sat 15-Aug-09 12:04:57

i think there is a postal strike on? we also haven't received something

nickelbabe Sat 15-Aug-09 12:14:07

there has been a strike in some parts of the country, which would explain why so many have not arrived yet.

if you ringyour local delivery office (see royal mail's website for the number) you will get a long recorded message about collecting from the callers' office etc.

your best bet is to go down to the callers' office in person and ask there : if strike action has affected your area they will know about it and be able to advise you further.
smile

Pawsandclaws Sun 16-Aug-09 17:59:30

Update: I got my parcels, they were undelivered in a bundle at the sorting office. Basically the strike in different parts of the country has created a backlog and parcels have been particularly affected.

They didn't advise me that I had any parcels to collect; I went to the sorting office in person and they had a rummage around for me.

Anyway, alls well in the end, I'm really pleased that there's not been any theft going on, because I haven't had a parcel stolen for years and was sad to think it might be going on now. Happily I was wrong smile)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now