Talk

Advanced search

Do I need to find 2 random children to take to the cinema to get cheapo ticket?

(15 Posts)
JoesMummy09 Thu 13-Aug-09 01:03:13

DH and I want to go to the cinema next week. We will be taking our 4mo DS to an Odeon "Newbie" screening.

On the ticket options we can buy 2 x adult tickets at £8 a pop but there is a "family" ticket for £7 which is for 2 adults and 2 children, or 1 adult and 3 children.

Now (prob stupid question) but can I buy a family ticket and get us all in for £7? Or do I have to spend a whopping £16 on 2 adult tickets unless I can rustle up 2 kids to come along too?

I've looked at Odeon website but no answer to this one.

Obviously would like to spend as little as possible because I am a skinflint on maternity leave so money is tight.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 13-Aug-09 01:05:59

Orange wednesday? Buy one get one free!!

JoesMummy09 Thu 13-Aug-09 01:09:11

Unfortunately not Orange customers so don't think we qualify sad

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 13-Aug-09 01:13:30

sad

Is there a niece/nephew you could borrow?

JoesMummy09 Thu 13-Aug-09 01:20:12

Afraid not. But I'll have my hands full with DS... and DH any way grin

Think I'll just have to suck it up and cough up the cash.

Oh I could put an ad in wanted topic "Two children under the age of 15 but over 2 required to spend afternoon watching The Time Traveler's Wife - London"

Might get me banned from Mumsnet though...

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 13-Aug-09 01:20:59

grin

JoesMummy09 Thu 13-Aug-09 01:22:51

Thanks for your suggestions smile

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 13-Aug-09 01:28:24

smile

Some smaller independant cinemas might do a 2 for 1, it's worth looking if you know one where you live.

JoesMummy09 Thu 13-Aug-09 01:37:25

Only problem is what to do with DS. I want to take him with me and Odeon do special screenings where you can take your baby.

The local independent is unlikely to appreciate DS's additional sound effects and it is even more expensive than Odeon (although they do let you have wine grin).

I remember when cinema tickets were £3.50 for students and a fiver for adults <reminices about the good old days>

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 13-Aug-09 01:39:39

You should come to Derby, the tickets are £5 in all of our cinemas. London's a rip off hey!

JoesMummy09 Thu 13-Aug-09 01:47:53

envy

At least the bus is cheap in London. Which is what I'll be getting to get to the overpriced cinema to sit with squawking babies trying to hear the film over the din...

But at least I will be out of the house!

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 13-Aug-09 01:49:00

smile

have fun!!

Claire2301 Thu 13-Aug-09 09:37:08

Would be half tempted to say you were bringing your two nieces but they are now ill. (If you can pre-book that is!?)

JoesMummy09 Thu 13-Aug-09 10:40:48

Thanks Fluffy. I had a bit of a play and I think I can get the Orange Wednesdays deal!

On Orange website you can order yourself a free sim card, which I've done.

I'm hoping it will arrive in time and I can then text for my tickets.

Thinking it can't possibly be that easy...

Right, off to bed now, feeling quite pleased with myself. Thanks for the idea. I wouldn't have it found out without you smile

JoesMummy09 Thu 13-Aug-09 10:46:13

Umm have not gone to bed at 10am... had a connection prob last night when I originally posted this at about 2am... blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now