Talk

Advanced search

U2 Boxoffice.com - Anyone had any dealings?

(9 Posts)
grinningbee Wed 12-Aug-09 23:21:29

Hi all.

I didn't know where to post this. Has anyone had dealings with U2boxoffice.com?

I get the feeling dh and I have been ripped off to the tune of £305 for some tickets we thought we'd bought for next week.

We're going to have to pay back the other couple who was going with us £150 as it was me who made the booking, and it's not fair for them to lose out because of me. I feel sick to my stomach.

Not sure what the credit card company can/will do. A friend let us book with their card as we don't have one, so he'll have to cancel his card asap too.

I am totally gutted to have been caught out. We don't have much, and this was going to be the first big treat in 2.5 years.

grinningbee Thu 13-Aug-09 09:45:52

bump

dweezle Thu 13-Aug-09 09:56:41

www.safeconcerts.com/forum/threads.asp?forum_urn=124&t_urn=9551

Sorry gb, it definitely looks like a scam site - there's quite a bit on the net if you google

grinningbee Thu 13-Aug-09 13:44:03

Thanks dweezle.

Sadly I've googled too and found the same.

Soooo... I'm now going down the route of trying to get my money back.

Why oh why are they still trading?????

Lilacpig Fri 21-Aug-09 10:52:13

Yes...They a fake site! Bort ticket 4 my hubby 4 birthday! No ticket- surprise surprise! Hope they very happy with their scam! I even received 2 emails the day b 4 the concert with a mobile contact number! Very clever! Have just cancelled my credit card just in case! Shud of been suspicious when my statement said it was cashed in Budapest!! Loads of people at concert were scammed! How they still managing to keep their website open I don't really no!

Lilacpig Sun 23-Aug-09 17:27:42

Had a email yest from U2boxoffice apologising for not giving us our ticket for the concert last Thurs....He says (Joshua O'Conner) that I will get a full refund in the next few weeks!! We shall wait and see!!! Will let u know how I get on!! If u haven't yet been to the concert or got your tickets I wud perserve in emailing them! As I am very surprised to have heard from them at all!? hmm

grinningbee Mon 07-Sep-09 21:33:04

Been trying to email as I was promised a refund almost 4 weeks ago (haha!) and now they are bouncing back undelivered.

angry

I am too polite to say what I'd do if I caught up with them!

grinningbee Mon 07-Sep-09 21:34:34

Just checked and the website has disappeared too...

Bye bye money.

dbells Mon 14-Sep-09 10:43:57

Had the same experinecs.

My refund has not arrived, and my last emails bounceed back. However as the 28 days they quoted are up, my credit card company say I am entitled for them to give me the credit on my card, as the goods were never received. Visa will then follow up with U2 BOXOFFICE.
Its worth talking to your credit card company, as the transaction has not been completed.

What a scam, and so disappointing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now