Talk

Advanced search

Quick question about parking outside my house

(7 Posts)
Deeeja Wed 12-Aug-09 21:26:08

Basically I live in a very narrow and quiet street with not much traffic going through. Everyone parks their cars half on the pavement and half on the road. I can't seem to train myself to park like this, having only passed my test a month ago. Dh thinks I should park like everyone else, because I may inconvenience other people. Should I just copy everyone else and park half on the pavement. I don't like to block the paement in case anyone needs to get a pushchair or wheelchair by.
What should i do?
No-one has complained, yet.
I drive a Ford Galaxy.

Its illegal to park half on the pavement and you run the risk of a ticket. If there isn't room for a wheelchair to get past then I certainly would not park like that.

Tamarto Wed 12-Aug-09 21:31:35

You said yourself there isn't much traffic, parking on the pavement is something i hate. Keep parking properly.

nancy75 Wed 12-Aug-09 21:34:17

i think it depends on the width of the actual road, if the cars were parked fully on the road could an ambulance/fire engine get through?
where i used to live the parking bays were painted half on the road half on the pavement, you had to park that way or the road would have been obstructed because it was so narrow. some times if bays are not painted on there is a sign at the end of the road showing the car with 2 wheels on the pavement. you could always ring your local council to clarify.

morocco Wed 12-Aug-09 21:35:10

can people get past if you are parked on the road? can't see anyone complaining so long as they can get through the gap.

SixtyFootDoll Wed 12-Aug-09 21:36:06

The correct way to park is like you are doing.
The road may be narrow but if a car canget through no problem.
Pavemnets are for people!

SixtyFootDoll Wed 12-Aug-09 21:36:14

The correct way to park is like you are doing.
The road may be narrow but if a car canget through no problem.
Pavemnets are for people!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now