Talk

Advanced search

HELP .. Blocked Loo .. I think .. what do I do now?

(15 Posts)
Twiglett Wed 25-May-05 19:49:29

OK we have a loo with a high cistern (big water pressure)

DS used too much loo paper and I flushed it .. the water in the pan rose right to the top and then all sucked away really quickly

but the water didn't come back up to a normal level

do I flush again?
do I leave it a while then flush again
do I poke around then flush?? if so what with

yuk .. hate loos

Twiglett Wed 25-May-05 19:53:05

WigWamBam Wed 25-May-05 19:54:23

If I were you I'd have a poke around with something like a straightened out coat hanger, then flush again and see what happens.

If there was no improvement, then I'd panic.

hoxtonchick Wed 25-May-05 19:55:16

flush again. or make dh do it....

Mum2girls Wed 25-May-05 19:55:35

Bogroll nowadays breaks down fairly quickly in water - I'd leave it half an hour and try again.

Lonelymum Wed 25-May-05 19:55:55

Definitely flush again. Sometimes, that rights the matter.

motherinferior Wed 25-May-05 19:56:02

This is no job for a Laydee, Twiglett. Get DH to do it. Or any passing bloke, come to that. Yccch.

Twiglett Wed 25-May-05 19:57:16

unfortunately the only passing bloke is busy bathing DS and putting him to bed

I think I'll go with the leave it half an hour advice .. by which time.... well you get my drift

billiejo Wed 25-May-05 19:59:30

hi twiglett,
this is my speciality as i once blocked our loo REALLY badly with a frozen chicken kiev (don't ask!!) anyway if it stll risesto the top on the next flush, go to a hardware shop and ask for some caustic soda, tell them what you want to use it for as it has a lot of precautions....scary stuff it is, but works like a dream.

good luck,

billiejo

nikkisherri Wed 25-May-05 20:05:43

Sounds like a bucket job, fill it up and do a manual flush or 2. I have a particularly stupid loo that doesnt flush properly and so gets blocked easily, very annoying it is too.

Twiglett Wed 25-May-05 20:06:52

what's a manual flush <dumb emoticon>

nikkisherri Wed 25-May-05 20:08:03

sorry ok a 'diy' flush ie. fill up bucket and chuck water down toilet at full force

nikkisherri Wed 25-May-05 20:11:17

actually dont pour too fast if its the level of water thats gone down need to pour in a little more carefully.. hark at me, loo flusher expert

moondog Wed 25-May-05 20:12:19

I want to know about the frozen chicken kiev...
You can buy some scary chemical concoctions which burn through the blockage (but they're gloves,scarves,hats,coats,and open window jobs with all kids at a distance of at least a kilometre.)
MI is right,no job for a lady. Had this a while ago and just told the bloke dealing with it that I had some work to do and shut the study door firmly.

Twiglett Wed 25-May-05 21:15:29

phew -- it flushed back to normal

OK spill on the 'chicken kiev' story

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now