Talk

Advanced search

just had to call a Locksmith - in GERMAN

(8 Posts)
Hausfrau Wed 25-May-05 15:41:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

moondog Wed 25-May-05 15:44:41

Hey,you did it though!
I had a similar experience in Russia. Bloke who finally turned up was completely pissed!!

Hausfrau Wed 25-May-05 15:45:44

moondog Wed 25-May-05 15:47:10

That's the way your language skills get really streeeeeetched eh?

Chandra Wed 25-May-05 16:09:39

Oh Hausfrau! don't know what to say... At least locksmith was an option, we were told to break into the house because locksmiths are not allowed to help you from the outside of the house . The damage expenses for breaking in were considerably higher than the call out ....

HondaDream Thu 26-May-05 08:14:14

Hausfrau where are you are you near me Germany/ Luxembourg frontier

LIZS Thu 26-May-05 08:39:58

aaaaaaaaaaargh on your behalf !! Poor you

I know what you mean about the language and maybe not really knowing how things are left and whether you got the message across.

Yesterday I pranged the car while distracted (into a road sign on verge of slip road )wrecking the bumper/fascia on passenger side. Limped to our garage to find everyone had just left for lunch for up to an hour and a half (it was just 12!) and had to try to communicate with 2 apprentices who spoke no English. Did manage to get them to remove trim and returned an hour or so later for a patch up job. In the meantime got hold of dh and he rang the garage to explain so they were at elast expecting me back. Fortunately dd was impeccably behaved but the sheer stress of such a situation, even without the added language complications, brings you to breaking point.

Hausfrau Thu 26-May-05 15:46:07

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now