Talk

Advanced search

I Need Your Valued Opinion!

(12 Posts)
Fimbo Wed 25-May-05 10:45:42

My neighbours have recently had the gutterings on their house replaced, in order to get to the side of the house, the fitters had to remove a very small fence between my neighbours house and ours. My neighbours father has spent the best part of this week putting up a new fence and now he is putting wood preserve on our side and theirs. I feel that although it was their problem that the fence needed to be replaced I should buy the old boy (he's nearly 70) a small "thank you" gift. My dh doesn't agree. What do you think?

Donbean Wed 25-May-05 10:47:33

Defo! Do it,its only right and decent and shows how lovely and thoughtful you are

elibelly Wed 25-May-05 10:47:34

I think that's very nice of you and I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

jampots Wed 25-May-05 10:48:02

Agree with dh!

binkie Wed 25-May-05 10:49:48

I think that's a lovely idea - maybe if you were looking at it in isolation the fence replacement is just their responsibility, but obviously he's doing a good job out of general neighbourly goodwill and that deserves recognition.

Does he have a garden himself? I think a nice plant would be appropriate.

Lizzylou Wed 25-May-05 10:50:43

I think that would be lovely, he sounds like a nice neighbour!
Bottle of scotch or whatever his "poison" is???

TrophyWife Wed 25-May-05 10:50:55

yep, get him something....

jampots Wed 25-May-05 10:51:29

yes get him something

Donbean Wed 25-May-05 10:52:04

Jampots.....is that your "acidic" streak coming out ! LOL

jampots Wed 25-May-05 10:52:32

yes I think so

throckenholt Wed 25-May-05 10:52:58

give him a small pressie - I sure he will appreciate it. He sounds like the sort of dad who likes to help out - he has probably enjoyed doing it - but still nice to say thanks.

Fimbo Wed 25-May-05 10:53:11

So most of you are of the opinion I should do it then. I think Binkie your idea of a plant is good. Will buy him one later, dh is going think I am nuts but hey neighbourly spirit and all that.

Thank you all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now