Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ideas would be greatly appreciated

(13 Posts)
Evs09 Tue 24-May-05 20:43:20

My friend and I are doing the race for life next month(Cancer Charity Walk/run) and we thought it would be fun to dress up. Cant afford to hire costumes etc but does anyone have any ideas what we can dress as. The funnier the better. My mind is blank at the moment so ideas would be appreciated.

charleepeters Tue 24-May-05 20:58:41

why do you gress up as a huge boob for breast cancer????

charleepeters Tue 24-May-05 20:59:45

sorry that idae may be a little insensitive to women who have had breast cancer wasnt thinking sorry

Evs09 Tue 24-May-05 21:02:10

Would be fun but have little time and wouldn't know where to start making one. mine would look like a jelly mould with a cherry on top

darlingbud Tue 24-May-05 21:03:04

I agree CP - something along those lines would be fun. How about just doing in your shorts/jogging bottoms and just a bra? You could make them weird and wonderful.

jenthehen Tue 24-May-05 21:03:59

Really rude but in his youth my dh and friend turned cheap nylon sleeping bags inside out and with only minor creativity turned up at the 6th form fancy dress as a penis .. the dinner ladies awarded them with the first prize! Probably not appropriate for this event but it might make you smile!!!

Whizzz Tue 24-May-05 21:04:04

Or wear a decorated bra over your T shirt ?

darlingbud Tue 24-May-05 21:05:41

or if you are looking for something cheap and cheerful go as Mrs Mops - curlers in hair, wrinkled stockings, slippers and those pinnie things that dinnerladies/cleaners wear over their clothes.

Evs09 Tue 24-May-05 21:18:54

Charleepeters personally I dont think its insensitive at all . I had BC last year and the greater the publicity and fund raising that goes on the better. If a bit of fun and raising public awareness is achieved and the result can prevent future women going through the horrid ordeal then go for it.

Evs09 Tue 24-May-05 21:28:51

Like the Mrs Mops idea. Can borrow all bits fron my mother in law. Feel abit like mrs mop sluming it in my pjs and socks at the mo. Poor hubby!!!!

Evs09 Tue 24-May-05 21:49:33

My friend just texted, she likes the idea of bunny girls. Not sure if its too tacky or not? Any views on this?

Davros Tue 24-May-05 22:39:22

Something from CBeebies? I like the decorated bra idea.

bibiboo Wed 25-May-05 08:13:30

I like the pyjama idea - make it a pj party, carry teddy bears, wear you pjs and slippers, curlers in hair etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now