Talk

Advanced search

seaside trip with 2 under 2s - are 3 wheelers good for sand

(3 Posts)
bbfluff Wed 05-Aug-09 18:09:50

have never pushed a three wheeler but think they look heavy, but my tandem id heavy anyway. I can't even get a light sungle buggy through sand, have just done a seaside trip with my 4 children, which included baby in sling and toddler in buggy but it was too much and i hardly sepnt any time on the beach as it was too much when i had to go after the oler children and had a child asleep in buggy. Am going to buy a new buggy as my tandem needs replacing, wondered if it was worth buying 3 wheeler, are they really good, can they go through sand easily?

whomovedmychocolate Wed 05-Aug-09 21:20:19

Well I've had both types on sand and three wheelers are slightly easier. But we ditched both and got a backpack because it's just a PITA trying to run through sand.

poorbuthappy Wed 05-Aug-09 21:25:20

I have the nipper 360 double and came to the conclusion last week whilst on minehead beach that slightly wet sand is fine...dry sand which your feet sink into?? No chance, and I don't think there's a pushchair out there which could do it...
although I'm sure there's someone out there whose run through the sahara with 1!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now