Talk

Advanced search

Ds2 blew out a candle!!!

(6 Posts)
marthamoo Tue 24-May-05 19:41:38

That may not sound like a big deal but it is to me!

He's 3.5 and some MNers with good memories will recall that I was very concerned about his excessive dribbling - we saw a Speech Therapist a few times and had exercises etc. to do. He's still more dribbly than his peers but it's nowhere near as bad as it was.

But we realised recently that he couldn't blow at all - tried to show him how but he couldn't make the 'o' shape with his mouth, and blowing just resulted in us all getting splattered with saliva! He's never been able to blow out birthday candles.

Anyway, tonight we had candles on the table for dinner (blimey, that makes me sound like Bree in Desperate Housewives) and he had a go, and managed - eventually - to blow one out. Used up half a box of matches relighting them and by the end he was making a perfect 'o' and blowing it out at first attempt - no spitting at all!

He was so pleased with himself!

hunkermunker Tue 24-May-05 19:44:57

Yippee!!!!! Well done Mini-MM

ruthiemum Tue 24-May-05 19:46:43

It sounds like a good achievement! I bet you felt really happy when he did it, here's to happy blowing

Twiglett Tue 24-May-05 20:06:25

ahhh little moooooooooo

marthamoo Wed 25-May-05 21:07:49

Fanks!

tiffini Wed 25-May-05 21:10:33

awwww bless.
buy him some bubbles so he can practice blowing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now