Talk

Advanced search

*LLOYDS TSB*

(9 Posts)
ilovesprouts Tue 04-Aug-09 00:20:07

ive just checked my bank account and lloyds have took out £15 in bank charges and last month they took £40 off me ,but i dont have an uplaned od so how can they charge me im so mad as its my sons dla money angry

TimothyTigerTuppennyTail Tue 04-Aug-09 00:55:42

Check what type of account you have. There's a monthly fee for some of them.

Seona1973 Tue 04-Aug-09 08:52:37

have you had an unplanned overdraft at any time in the past month? You would be charged £15 for it and then depending how much the overdrawn amount was you would also get a daily charge. If you were still overdrawn when the next billing period started then you would get the unplanned overdraft charge of £15 again.

see here

ilovesprouts Tue 04-Aug-09 09:24:59

its just a cash account i can only draw out whats in

LoveBeingAMummy Tue 04-Aug-09 10:02:58

Have they paid some DDs when the money wasn't there?

Seona1973 Tue 04-Aug-09 11:51:51

have they returned any dd's due to insufficient funds as that would be £20 each time?

llareggub Tue 04-Aug-09 11:52:56

Have you asked them why they did it?

ilovesprouts Tue 04-Aug-09 14:50:53

they said i went od so they charged me £15 for unplaned over draft ,and the last time it was for dd that cost 2,99 and 1.99

grumpalumpa Thu 06-Aug-09 15:51:23

I am with Lloyds and even if you have no overdraft and they 'helpfully' try and pay DDs even with no funds available they charge you for going into unauthorised overdraft. So it is a one off £15 for going over your credit balance and then X amount everyday for a maximum of 10 days - this amount depends on how much you are over! ranges from £6-£15. On top of that the charge £20 evrytime the DD is returned!
Best thing to do is phone them and query it - you may be lucky and get them to cancel the charge! Also cancel the DD as they will try and pay them again and you can get charged again!! Keep a note of all the charges as the ruling on reclaiming charges is due in january and you may be able to claime some of them back and un lawful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now