Talk

Advanced search

Have you ever 'got revenge' on someone? ex-partner? what terrible things did you do?!

(18 Posts)
VoodooOnABoat Mon 03-Aug-09 11:19:59

have had about 3 of my close friends recently discover that they are being cheated on sad by lying worthless pigs.

want some ideas for revenge!

nb. not to actually necessarily do, but to make them laugh!

jellyjelly Mon 03-Aug-09 17:35:30

I went and slept with my fiance bit of stuff husband. Made me feel better it pissed her right off.

MitchyInge Mon 03-Aug-09 17:38:19

my friend used to do a wee on her husband's toothbrush, sort of pregnancy test style

she'd also run him a bath and then wee in that

and give him slightly out of date ham

as for self, am fervent believer in old adage about best revenge being to live well and be happy

UnquietDad Mon 03-Aug-09 17:44:22

Watching this. Will wait to see how nasty it gets before I make my comment...

morethanyoubargainfor Mon 03-Aug-09 17:44:35

Can't share what i did,grin but had a friend who was devastated when her oh finished with her so she found the best naked picture of him and made several posters with 'info' and put then all around our town (a very large one!) He had to change his number in the end!

morethanyoubargainfor Mon 03-Aug-09 17:49:58

come to think of it she also cut out the middle of all his underwear before giving them all back to him, think that one cost him as he would only wear 'labels'.

And when she discovered he was cheating she crushed up laxatives and mixed them in with his 'special' coffee that no one else could drink! (it was special because she told him it came from the local deli and cost a fortune, therefore too good for visitors to drink!) He didn't work it out at all!

<<Trying to remember why i am friends with this girl>>

HolyShihtzu Mon 03-Aug-09 17:51:47

LOL at slightly out of date ham grin

How refined

UQD - yes I disapprove thoroughly, I think this kind of thing ought to be confined to the realms of Urban Myth, not actual behaviour.

I'm trying to get over a terrible man at the moment but would never recommend resorting to anything IRL...been tempted before, never done anything except look after my own interests and that of my children, ie reporting the fact he lied about his earnings to the CSA (not that they did anything) and suchlike proper reasonable actions.

Fantasy about chewing gum in his ignition was just that - a fantasy. I am SO very glad I didnt lower myself, tbh. Writing long critical letters is a good way to exorcise, but again, don't send them. They are for YOU to get rid of your frsutrations - bloke won't care a jot.

HTH

PuppyLoves Mon 03-Aug-09 17:57:20

A man in my workplace got away for years with sexual harrasment towards me. A few days before I left to go on maternity leave I smuggled his cup into the toilets and pissed in it. And yes I did feel so much better, still makes me smile now thinking of him drinking out of that cup, oblivious to my revenge

VoodooOnABoat Tue 04-Aug-09 18:26:14

yes, urban myths of revenge.
you do have to be careful nowadays
chewing gum in ignition! shock

has anyone ever done the sewing fish/ prawns into curtains/under carpets?

now with email/texting there are surely more ways to inflict revenge?

whooosh Tue 04-Aug-09 19:05:21

HArdly revenge but ordered loads of catalogues to be sent to the happy couple's new address.Maybe just slightly irritating....made me feel better.

FlightHattendant Tue 04-Aug-09 22:13:30

Well, I think that's perfectly reasonable Whoosh. smile
As long as it works for you.

I have to admit being tempted to use my knowledge of his ebay password to mess around a little with his bids...however again, it would make me feel absolutely terrible, like breaking into someone's house or something. Awful feeling. I just could NOT do it.
How would you live with yourself?

FlightHattendant Tue 04-Aug-09 22:15:33

...and tempted is completely the wrong word, it doesn't even appeal to me - but knowing I have that knowledge, that capability, is really strange. it was like I thought 'Hmm maybe I ought to demonstrate my anger in some way' but it just doesn't seem like it'd make me feel better. Pointless.

Jux Tue 04-Aug-09 22:34:12

Wee on the handles of the car.
Put a fish up the exhaust pipe.
Prawns in the hem of curtains.

Fantasy is a wonderful thing.

littlepollyflinders Wed 05-Aug-09 14:57:23

This would only work if any of them are actors but friend of mine sent cheating bloke (actor) on a fake audition - long train journey to middle of nowhere... grin

blondissimo Fri 07-Aug-09 15:14:52

My auntie cleaned all the toilets in the house with her dh's toothbrush, then put it back in the holdergrin.
A friend cut all the buttons off her dh's shirts and unpicked the seam at the back of his trousers so that they would rip the minute he sat down.

mamalove2 Sat 08-Aug-09 16:50:51

am i being unreasonable to NOT feel bad about revenge, obviously i wouldnt do anything that would cause actual harm, i was always told that Revenge is a dish best served cold....by the time you wait for the dish to become cold, your totally over it, then by that time the miserable B@#$%^%& has no doubt continued their npd (ish) behaviour on someone else and messed up! THats revenge, just sitting back and watching them F#$% it up again. BUT in the past ive had tremendous fun with revenge ha ha i should really put myself on the naughty step!

MaggieBeauVirgo Sat 08-Aug-09 16:54:55

An x of mine used to live with his twin and their was rivalry between them. Tehy weren't identical and each thought he was the better looking twin. After I'd been dumped, about 3 months later I was still smarting and I got a couple of girls I worked with to send valentines to his twin.

I heard through the grapevine that his twin was delighted trying to figure out who they were from. I'm sure my x was pissed off and feeling the ugly twin.

SAD??!!?!?!? MOI???? totally. But it felt good at the time.

MaggieBeauVirgo Sun 09-Aug-09 20:04:46

just bumping this thread, I had thought it would get really, really interesting and a bit scary, in an entertaining way?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now