Talk

Advanced search

My buyer's pulled out - how can I sell my house FAST?

(10 Posts)
satine Sun 02-Aug-09 18:15:43

Total disaster - following my dh leaving me last year, I finally had a buyer for our (jointly owned) house and found a perfect little refurbished house for me and the children to buy which i could just afford. But just as we were due to exchange on the sale (it was scheduled for Tuesday!!) the buyer told me today that she is pulling out. I'm terrified that I'll lose the house I've set my heart on.
How can I sell our house quickly? Ebay?! Anyone had any experiences that might help??

Thanks x

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 02-Aug-09 18:17:49

Where is your house?

You need to keep the vendor informed to have your best chance of not losing the house.

satine Sun 02-Aug-09 19:29:15

It's in West sussex.
I'm going to see the vendor tomorrow - but he's a developer, so a hard-nosed business man....sad

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 02-Aug-09 19:31:22

I don't think anyone can be too hard nosed at the moment. Don't assume he will be. A buyer in the hand and all that.

Just asked DH if we could move to WS and he said he has to see what is happening with his job first. Sorry.

alardi Sun 02-Aug-09 19:33:52

Send it to Auction; the estate agent will be able to advise how to list it. But you won't get a good price for it.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 02-Aug-09 19:37:57

So don't do that then.

poopscoop Sun 02-Aug-09 19:41:01

Do not rush into anything.

Inform the vendor obviously.

I agree that auction is not going to ggive you the best deal and you need all yu can get out of the house without being greedy.

Sometimes these things are meant to be. It won't seem like it right now, but you do not know what is around the corner.

What reason did you have from your buyer. Do you think they are pulling a fast one? Maybe making you sweat then coming back in to offer a lower pric? A good one to play just on exchange.

All is not lost yet. Keep calm and consider all options over the next few days.

Good luck.

satine Sun 02-Aug-09 19:52:59

Am I imagining that people have sold their houses on ebay?

alardi Mon 03-Aug-09 08:57:53

If you're seriously considering Ebay, try a local auction instead, I think you'll get equal if not better interest/price.

satine Tue 04-Aug-09 21:00:40

Hmm, I think an auction or ebay would be a last resort - but rather that than lose the house I want to buy. Keep your fingers crossed for me that a lovely lovely buyer comes along QUICKLY.
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now