Talk

Advanced search

Looking for suggestions for my 40th birthday present - anyone got good ideas?

(11 Posts)
stressed2007 Fri 31-Jul-09 22:32:54

Thinking heads please. It is my (cough) 40th b.day soon and several people have asked me what I would like. I have no idea. I am not a very material person (not a 100 pairs of shoes and handbags type) and luckily don't need anything.

Has anyone got any idea what I can ask for? I thought maybe donations to a charity as many people are in need but some people were not happy with this. Has anyone got any suggestions?

The only thing I could think of was a piece of jewellery from my kids/DH or from my parents which I coud have on me all the time but even then I have no idea what as I tend not to wear much (I don't even like wearing a watch). Something like maybe photos of my children that I could carry with me might be nice but this tends to be what you would do for yourself not what someone would do for you.

Any gems of inspiration much appreciated. Will be back on here tomorrow if ayone has any questions. Thanks

lambanana Fri 31-Jul-09 22:37:21

I had a ring made for my 40th.

It's white gold with a pearl and 2 diamonds. The pearl is to remind me of ds and the diamonds for our 2 dd's.

Katisha Fri 31-Jul-09 22:38:19

You've posted this twice and will get parallel threads...

stressed2007 Fri 31-Jul-09 22:44:01

what do you mean - one is in "chat" and one in "other subjects" - thought this would increase my chance of replies? wrong?

stressed2007 Fri 31-Jul-09 22:44:42

Lambanana lovely idea of ring.

Katisha Fri 31-Jul-09 22:47:01

Oh didnt realise it was deliberate - I don't tend to look at which topic something is in.

stressed2007 Fri 31-Jul-09 22:49:00

no worries - interested how you review then if you don't look at topics which is what I always do. Do you just look up threads via the most active box then (she says looking for hints as to how to use this webpage and its billions of threads most effectively)?

Katisha Fri 31-Jul-09 22:52:42

Well I just tend to go on active conversations, which probably means that I miss a fair amount, but haven't really got time or inclination to trawl through all the topics.

Having said that I've hd a Very Bad day on here today and have spent far too much time on here!

squeaver Fri 31-Jul-09 22:54:05

Most people just go in through Active Convos

stressed2007 Fri 31-Jul-09 22:54:14

Know what you mean - it is v addictive! Ther is just so much helpful info on here

cat64 Fri 31-Jul-09 23:19:17

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now